Day 8, introduction

Hi people,
My name is Larry I’m 54 years old, last year was a bad year for me and alot of people, I went to three inpatient programs, for some reason it didn’t stick to long, I just figured well I’ve drank most of my life and there was no hope, tried to do the moderation thing with no success, I’ve been to about 7 rehabs across the country.
Well here I am, I have 8 days and went threw hell to earn that number, the nightmares of drinking kept me up all last night.
Here I try again, with AA and gods help maybe this will finally be the last time I have to suffer threw withdrawals, Dts, shaking, nightmares!
Nice to meet you all and look forward to be apart of this community.

13 Likes

Hey man keep up the good work, congrats on 8 days!

1 Like

Thank you so much, I plan on taking a nap today, I craved allot this morning, but gonna try and eat something. Again thank you!

1 Like

Jennajen,
I love the resources you sent, it’s great to know I’m not alone fighting the good fight, thank you!

2 Likes

Thank you brother!

Hi Larry welcome here 🙋
Hope to see you around often, it helps to be here much.
First week is in your pocket!! Well done! :partying_face:

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

Hi Larry, welcome! For a long time I had a similar narrative. This is just who I am, there is no hope for me. Until there was. I had to fill my toolbox up with a lot of tools to even get into the headspace to want to quit. Therapy, medication (one of which reduces cravings), and this amazing forum. I’m glad you’re here and look forward to watching you heal :hugs:

2 Likes

Thank you, hope to get a chance to understand sober me

1 Like