Day 8 so glad i did not drink

Listening to Earl Hightowers story on you tube, love his story, hilarious, sad, inspiring (AA speaker)

1 Like

Day 11, just for today i will not put the poison into my body, the sun is shining so a nice walk later and be vigilant for the AV

3 Likes

Love this song

Was going to go to the christmas parade tonight until i saw they were giving everyone vin chaud, not strong enough at the minute so i will skip that

5 Likes

Excellent choice! Good for you, Meg!

1 Like

2 Likes

Reading around at your posts and threads…i really like your attitude…good on u for recognising that your not strong enough yet and taking steps to protect yourself, its exactly what i did too and thats ok…your realistic about this and i think that goes a long way…i have alot of faith in you and your sobriety

2 Likes

Thank you for those kind words

1 Like

Keep trucking your doing great

1 Like

Day 12, got up early and went for a walk, passed a professional walker who had sticks lol, very nice it was indeed and quiet

1 Like

1 Like

Ditto to this post. Meg, I really appreciate your post. You’ve got a great attitude that will take you far through all of your days in recovery. So glad you are here.

2 Likes

What a lovely thing to say thank you very much

1 Like

Im getting alot of cravings these past few days, i wont break but its annoying the hell out of me…think maybe its the time of year mixed with anxiety for the same reason

1 Like

It could be as this time of the year is hard for many people, i haven’t drunk on xmas day for the last 4 years because i did not want to ruin xmas for my family, don’t get me wrong it was hard but once the shops are shut here i didn’t have any choice so the anxiety went away, stay on here when you feel that way, take a look at rain in my heart on you tube, its powerful but always helps me to remember how deadly this disease is, you will be okay just remember how crappy we feel when we put poison in our system, would we drink bleach no we bloody wouldn’t because it would kill us, the same with the demon piss

2 Likes

The demon piss i love that :laughing:, thanks Meg! Il be fine i thjnk its just anxiety that everything goes nicely for my daughter on the day…will my dinner be nice? Have i got her enough presents etc etc

1 Like

You being present is the best gift for a child, my husband cooks the dinner lol his far better at it than me, may help him peeling the spuds lol

1 Like

The cashier in the shop keeps looking at my shopping thinking why isn’t she buying booze lol

3 Likes

Pretty sure the cashiers at my liquor store rotations think I’m dead!

2 Likes

Just went back for spuds when the AV hit me out of nowhere so i grabbed the spuds and got out of there