Day 9 and it was rough 😔 say hello if you want

Today was rough started out with a very stressful call and it just kept coming. I just want kind people and trustable around me even if there neibours just bothering me when I go out my unit…take care everyone

1 Like

Glad to have you here. Yes, there will be rough days in sobriety, but there will be good days too. You’ll notice more good days than bad days, because you won’t have bad days that are a result of your drinking.

1 Like

Congrats on 9 days :clap: :raised_hands: and yes its going to be some ups and downs and i hope you notice how you or we can deal with the bad days sober than we did in the past. That’s change in itself and you made it through without picking up that drink. :clap: :clap: bravo and continue on your journey ODAAT.

1 Like

Thanks a ton :+1:

Ty appreciated

1 Like

Hey. Great of you to reach out here as your first reaction, rather than go out and use a drug or take a drink to help numb the anxiety and stress and anger.

I’ve had good days and bad. This week has been a really hard week. I’m starting to get back into the every day responsibilities of being a parent and getting back into my career, and fuck, I am struggling myself.

I also had a call today that was very upsetting. My wife in family therapy, after much pushing from my end, finally admitted to throwing away pretty much all of my belongings. Clothing, nostalgic stuff and collectibles, even stuff from my friend who died when we were 18 and his mom let me take a few things from his room to remember him. I ended up leaving the therapy session really upset, and very unresolved.

And then I got a call from my dad that my uncle is in the hospital. Complications with his heart and an artery. Very high blood pressure.

It seems to come in threes. I’m getting ready for whatever the third stressor may be. I got in a verbal argument with a friend, but that happens. Hoping this will pass. I’m on day 80 and wish I had more answers, but you’re doing the right thing by reaching out here.

Please feel free to message me if you feel like you’re about to go take a drink or use. Any time. Or just to vent or talk. Hope your day and week gets better and remember, we can choose to just be happy today. We don’t have to sit in it. We get to choose.

2 Likes

Thanks so much I can totally relate to your story. Much appreciated for the message. I am glad to be here around such kind people. Means so much. I’ve lost everything except my amazing girl. Much love

1 Like