Day one again, I messed up

I tried my best and life got the worse if me. I want to do my best to be a better me, but I honestly messed up and I can own that. What can I do to make this work,

5 Likes

When the odds are against you and you’re not strong enough to fight anymore, it’s time to surrender.

Throw your hands in the air and yell with full conviction, “You’ve won! I give up, I will not fight you anymore” - then, you’re ready to begin your journey…

4 Likes

Life will always knock us down/around. We either get up and keep going or stay down. You got back up :blush: Bravo :clap:

1 Like

8 Likes

Currently my support network is my wife. Outside of her and talking to people on here I don’t really have one.

1 Like

Going to AA meetings help me. It’s a place where no one judges and is willing to support. The anonymity is a great thing as well. Alcoholics understand what other alcoholics are struggling with.

2 Likes

Hey Sean, I just joined a gym, trying to give me another focus after work instead of having a drink. Also I hope to meet some people this way. Good luck, I know the feeling :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Hi Sean, if your only support is your wife and talking to people on here maybe it’s not enough…
Your stats say your have been on TS for 26 mins since July last year, getting sober is not a quick check in here and there it is something you have to want and are willing to make your priority.
There are many ways to get sober support ie, Smart, AA, rehab, counselling etc only you can decide if you are ready put in the work.

4 Likes

Im back at day 1 too… I woke up sober. There are a ton of Facebook pages that you can gain support from. But i find it that a.a meetings are the best. !! They dont judge… They motivate and will love you until you can love yourself… I promise you that!