My way from day one to present ❤️

Thank you for sharing. I agree on all points.

I think that in addiction as well as in life in general, the minute you shift the focus to how you can contribute to things being better for someone else, your level of happiness and fulfillment improves ten fold. It’s certainly a big part of why sobriety is working for me this time around.

Story as old as “When the Grinch Stole Christmas” :blush:

Thank you for your wonderful share :heart:

4 Likes

I’m already home from the AA meeting :face_with_diagonal_mouth:
Nobody wore a mask. I don’t want Corona! Numbers go through the roof here…
The best thing to not get it is wearing a damn mask when you’re inside.
Oh I’m mad :weary:

2 Likes

The meetings I attended noone is wearing a mask but I don’t think people would mind other people wearing a mask.

1 Like

Chances of getting infected with Covid are way higher for people if others in a room don’t wear a mask. I simply don’t want to risc that. I know many who almost died from Covid.

2 Likes

Some people :triumph:

There are other options though: people who take breathing clean air seriously, and respect the needs of their environment:

2 Likes

So I need to learn diving first!?

1 Like

If there were people asking me to wear a mask to make them feel comfortable to attend a meeting I’d do it.

People like me, we always have to ask.
Could you please don’t smoke near me?
Could you please turn the volume of your headphones down?
Could you please wear a mask?
I simply don’t always want to be the one who asks people to do things that make me feel comfortable. I’d love to see people be mindful on their own :pensive:
And that makes me angry.
If you live in an area with little to no Covid: okay. But I don’t :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

2 Likes

Absolutely, you just dive right in :+1:t2: :innocent: What’s the worst that can happen?

It is tough when we feel we’re not being seen, you’re absolutely right.

At the same time, it’s a good thing: it’s a learning opportunity. If we find one space problematic, we can choose a different space (there are hundreds). Eventually we’re sure to find a space where we “click” and it works.

If we go to every space and the same problem exists, it’s still a learning opportunity: it tells us we need to adjust our expectations of and for ourselves.

2 Likes

Matt has always accurate words. It is hard to feel this way, to always stay strong for your feelings. I tend to expect people know what I want or feel, you to be this and that towards me. I often still struggle to know what I want and feel.

3 Likes

How are my sober buddies @Bigbear, @Justfortoday098 and @Mama4994 doing? Are you guys good?

Doing pretty good! Thank you for asking. How about you?

1 Like

Good to hear :blush: I’m doing good aswell :muscle:

I hear you. I knew when I went into rehab that a huge part of my depression was mainlining political news. Part of my plan was and is to limit my intake to 15 minutes a day. Part of change is being realistic with our selves and our abilities. Can you assess, what is it about Twitter gives you joy, if anything? Can you limit yourself to only the joy parts? If not, then to 15 minutes a day, just to see what’s going on but not get buried by it?

Good luck.

Oh, and you didn’t fail. You faltered. We all do it. Failure only happens when you stop trying to be better.

2 Likes

I hear you, same here. I have cut out a lot of activities and places because I was tired to feel uncomfortable, e g. I don’t use public transportation any more, too many people and too many talks I’m forced to hear when they’re talking on their phones loudly. Not to mention nobody wearing a mask.

Quiet, mindful people can have hard times in this loud, selfish and turbulent world. The good news is: As long as we try and practice, there will also be good days, nice situations, mindful people will cross our life, lots of calm places and fulfilling activities are waiting to be found and explored :sunflower:
Give yourself a smile today. I smile at you too :blush:

4 Likes

Love this approach!

1 Like

This is something I try to change at the moment. I used to focus on the negative, the loud rude people and it felt like the world is owned by just them. It felt like everyone is my enemy.
That’s extremely exhausting and it made me live at a very dark place for a long time. I was so angry all the time.
But there are a lot of very kind people, they’re just silent. I have to recall this again and again. This kind of thinking helped me today when I was in a packed train full of students and people on their way home from work :grin:

4 Likes

I tried to limit my time on Twitter. It didn’t help, I doom scrolled and sometimes I was online many hours in one sitting.
One day I kept on blocking so many people and muting so many words that I decided to delete my account.
It was too much for me to handle. And it changed me in a bad way.
Its better this way :relaxed:

I totally understand. I’m “all or nothing” on some things too. Congrats on identifying it and making the necessary change.

1 Like