Day one again 👊

How are my sober buddies @Bigbear, @Justfortoday098 and @Mama4994 doing? Are you guys good?

Doing pretty good! Thank you for asking. How about you?

1 Like

Good to hear :blush: I’m doing good aswell :muscle:

I hear you. I knew when I went into rehab that a huge part of my depression was mainlining political news. Part of my plan was and is to limit my intake to 15 minutes a day. Part of change is being realistic with our selves and our abilities. Can you assess, what is it about Twitter gives you joy, if anything? Can you limit yourself to only the joy parts? If not, then to 15 minutes a day, just to see what’s going on but not get buried by it?

Good luck.

Oh, and you didn’t fail. You faltered. We all do it. Failure only happens when you stop trying to be better.

2 Likes

I hear you, same here. I have cut out a lot of activities and places because I was tired to feel uncomfortable, e g. I don’t use public transportation any more, too many people and too many talks I’m forced to hear when they’re talking on their phones loudly. Not to mention nobody wearing a mask.

Quiet, mindful people can have hard times in this loud, selfish and turbulent world. The good news is: As long as we try and practice, there will also be good days, nice situations, mindful people will cross our life, lots of calm places and fulfilling activities are waiting to be found and explored :sunflower:
Give yourself a smile today. I smile at you too :blush:

4 Likes

Love this approach!

1 Like

This is something I try to change at the moment. I used to focus on the negative, the loud rude people and it felt like the world is owned by just them. It felt like everyone is my enemy.
That’s extremely exhausting and it made me live at a very dark place for a long time. I was so angry all the time.
But there are a lot of very kind people, they’re just silent. I have to recall this again and again. This kind of thinking helped me today when I was in a packed train full of students and people on their way home from work :grin:

4 Likes

I tried to limit my time on Twitter. It didn’t help, I doom scrolled and sometimes I was online many hours in one sitting.
One day I kept on blocking so many people and muting so many words that I decided to delete my account.
It was too much for me to handle. And it changed me in a bad way.
Its better this way :relaxed:

I totally understand. I’m “all or nothing” on some things too. Congrats on identifying it and making the necessary change.

1 Like

I fell off of the wagon again and this time I really outdid myself. My behavior was terrible and people are talking about it today. I am completely embarrassed and ashamed of myself. Why can’t I stay sober? WHY? My husband is ashamed of me and it’s killing me. My behavior while drinking has never been in the spotlight until last night. And now today I am the topic of everyone’s conversation. I can’t stand myself.

2 Likes

Oh no! :pensive:
I’m sorry to hear that. What happened that you drank again?
Don’t get me wrong but maybe this was something that had to happen?
Some say they needed a rock-bottom-moment to understand that they have to stop using their drug, to stop destroying themselves and their relationships.

2 Likes

Nothing happened. My son races dirt bikes and we are here for the weekend staying in our trailer. It’s just the vibe of the place. All of our friends were drinking. I just need to get a grip and control my will power. Something has to change.

2 Likes

We must hold on to our hearts (literally put your hands over your heart), admit your mistake, forgive yourself for it, and make a plan to move on one day at a time. I think Disney + was a great decision!!

4 Likes

Sounds like drinking, its easier to cut it out than try and moderate it!

3 Likes

I had to stay sober to become happy

4 Likes

Third times a charm :crossed_fingers:t3::crossed_fingers:t3::crossed_fingers:t3:

1 Like

Since many many years I think that Wicca and Buddhism are two ways that suit me. But I don’t practice any of it. I can’t (and don’t want to) decide what path to follow. For me both are true somehow, if that makes any sense :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah man you practice however you want, I’m 1000% sure there’s Wiccan Buddhists.

1 Like

Today is a full moon / blood moon. I might do a Ritual today to leave old, unwanted things behind and to look into a bright and beautiful future :relaxed:

I need to get this out.
Some time has passed since my latest relapse. Today I realized that I changed more than I thought I would or could:
I started drawing again.
I finally made a big change in my diet (today I chose nuts and gnocchi over chips and cake, for me that’s HUGE)
I go and get help when I need it without shame.
I journal.
I meditate.
I start to go out more again, means that I allow more people around me even if it first feels uncomfortable, but I know I need to do that.
No real craving since day 1. I thought about it 1 or 2 times but it was seconds. I know this can change anytime so I won’t ever stop being wide awake about that.
Even tho I’m sitting here with a hurting back I feel happy. Because I did all of the above and there is more to come.
Love you all :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :heart:

7 Likes