Day one and feeling very nervous

Hi

I’ve tried to stop drinking many times. I dont drink every day but I tend to drink 3 or 4 times a week, and when I do I’ll easily put away 2 bottles of wine. Once I start I cant stop until I black out.

I’d like to be able to simply enjoy one or two glasses but i dont seem to be able to. Therefore I’ve decided to simply stop all together.

Has anyone else experienced something like this? My problem is, once a few days have passed i convince myself i can just have one or two glasses with dinner and then it all goes downhill for me again.

Any help on how to get past this and actually make it more than a few days without reaching for the bottle would be appreciated.

3 Likes

Are you working an AA program with a sponsor? I personally could not stop drinking on my own. It’s a progressive disease so it will only get worse. My suggestion is to get a solid AA program to work with a sponsor. Have you tried Zoom AA meetings? They’re excellent in my opinion since a lot of clubs may still be closed or operational at low capacities. Stay strong and NEVER GIVE UP!

1 Like

taking of Smart are they doing zoom meets

Welcome here Jojie; I’m glad you’re here. Maybe print out this first post and keep it in your purse or something. A few days with a clear head often tricks us into thinking we weren’t that bad. :slight_smile:

Hello and welcome to this beautiful community. Just wanted to tell you that inside yourself you have what is called willpower, I think everyone has that in them anytime you get an urge just stop and think do I really want to be sober. If your answer is yes you’ll stay sober, if the answer is no or don’t know you might relapse. Hope you stay clean