Day one for me again

This is day one for me. I just reset my sober calendar. I appreciate all the post on here. I want to be better for my family. I’ve tried to do this so many times. Have to make this work this time. I have too much to lose.a

12 Likes

Welcome @Newbelin you’re in the best spot possible. The people here are top notch. People here have been in your shoes. Please check in often and use the app as it’s a great tool to keep in your tool box. I wish you all the best on your sobriety journey. Reach out to us for insight, to vent or anything you may need. Again, welcome aboard it’s nice to have you here.

1 Like

Hello @Newbelin!
This is where I start my day. Every day.
I like to believe I can do everything on my own, but I know it is the experience, wisdom, kindness, and support offered here that has lifted me up in my sober journey.
We are glad you are here!

2 Likes

I’ve rest my app 7 times! Today is day 2 for me. We can do this!!

1 Like

Welcome!

I have one important question. Do you want to do this for yourself? Having outside motivation is great, but the key for most of us is wanting, NEEDING to do it for ourself.

There is so much love and support here. Stay with us and make this the last day 1 you ever have.

4 Likes

I cant believe I have resetted more then 200 times. On day 4 now and determined. I know things cant stay the way they did so I am changing my life

4 Likes

This is really what’s needed.
Change your thinking
Change your routines
Change your friends
Change your job if you have to
Change where you live if needed.
Nothing should be put in front of sobriety.
Go on change your life! :grinning:

6 Likes

I need to do it and do want it for me. Thank You.

2 Likes

Recognising that you need to do something is the hurdle, so well done. Now focus on becoming a better version of you and a stronger version of you. Good luck and stay positive.

1 Like

Yep, nothing can be more important than my sobriety Ive learned, like the saying what you put before your sobriety youll lose anyway💪

2 Likes

Let this be your last day one EVER. It can be just that! What make you pick up the last time? Try to learn from that to avoid a new one. Be here often, read and learn about your addiction and how to beat it. That helped me a lot.
You’re not alone! You have to do it yourself, but not alone. We’re here to help you so come here when you need it.
Cravings? Come here before you pick up!!

2 Likes

Different things make me pick up. Anything from feeling good on a sunny day to sadness from my separation to anxiety about life. Day two and I keep thinking about drinking, but know I can’t. I have been up since 3:30 am just thinking about my life and wishing I could sleep. My anxiety is off the charts right now. Reading these post is really helpful.

6 Likes

It’s hard, really hard. You have have to be stronger than the cravings. But you can do it. And when you do, you will feel so good about yourself you’ll want more.
The more time I built up the stronger I got. There was no way I was going to go through the whole thing again.
Stay strong :grinning:

1 Like

Try changing can’t to don’t, “I won’t drink because I don’t drink” it’s much easier when your mindset matches your goal and you don’t feel deprived. You can do this :blush:

3 Likes

Make it easier for yourself try a meeting they helped me stay sober wish you well

Thank you!!! I like that idea a lot!

1 Like

Stay busy on the first week. I mean busy busy
Clean house, clean vehicles, clean house and vehicles again, gym, hiking… anything that is time consuming. Get all alcohol out of the house!

4 Likes

Hi @Newbelin
Everything start with FIRST STEP, same as you a month ago I made a decision to STOP drinking and so far it had been the best decision ever. In my first month I have seen to many positive things happening in my life from financially, health, energy, happiness and more. Don’t worry for the past decision’s and failures… what matter the most is what you do NOW to have a better future. One day at a time :muscle::raising_hand_man::grin:

3 Likes

Day 2 for me, I’m new here and I really like reading the threads.

5 Likes

Welcome to the group @Dee134!
I have found reading through posts, new and old, to be helpful, full of info, and humor.
Glad you are here!

2 Likes