Day One of A Whole New Life

Well, I guess everyone has to start somewhere. I hit my wall last night. I drank, like a weekend long bender, and woke up feeling like shit. I had an entire emotional breakdown and admitted to my husband all of my fears this afternoon. I admitted I was afraid the alcohol will kill me if I keep going. So, here I am. Day 1 and willing to fight so that it doesn’t. My husband was so supportive, and I’m feeling motivated for big changes.

14 Likes

Welcome! This is a great first step

1 Like

@HopeFully22 Welcome, JD! This is a great family & community of people who will support you and help you. Be honest and open. Greater days are ahead, starting today!

1 Like

Welcome. Admitting that is the first step.

Take a look around here and read a lot. There’s tons of great support and advice.

Look forward to seeing your progress.

1 Like

I’m glad you’re here, JD! It’s a great choice you’ve made…🙋

1 Like

Welcome J D and congrats on making the best decision of your life.

Welcome and congratulations on your decision to get sober! I am 8 days in, no alcohol, and already feeling better! This forum helps me A LOT. Keep reading, keep posting, it will help you too! Stay strong!

I am right with you. Let’s do this.

Welcome! You got this. You’ve taken the first step, that’s very courageous of you :blush: just take it one day at a time and remember why you’ve made this decision. It’s a wonderful decision you’ve made, one no doubt stemmed from self-respect and self-love. Keep checking in with us, this community is here to support you x

We got this

Day one for me too, full 3 days of heavy drinking and im tired of feeling this way. Time for a change! :heart:

1 Like

Yes, welcome aboard! Accepting the fact that to continue with the same ol’ will only get us the same ol’, shows insight into our illness. Not to mention the insanity, too. Now we focus on healthy and happy. So glad you’re here.

1 Like

I tend to quit for a period of time and fall back into it and it gets worse everytime. Blackouts happen and the feeling of having no control makes me guilt myself and then I just have the urge to drink. Thank you, happy to be here.