Day one of sobriety for me

You got it Sarah. One step at a time, and keep in touch. As addicts we tended to isolate. It helps to stay connected - it whatever way works for you :innocent:

1 Like

I will definitely check in daily, thanks :blush:

1 Like

Hang out with the women and or girls that are committed to being sick of the insanity and are finding solutions to stay sober, safe, inspired and connected to each other, and see and emulate what they do- this is the best rainbow ever in the history of ever- TRUST and watch youll start finding little lights in you heart n mind. if you simply ask for help and are willing to take suggestions. Look forward to the days that tou made it past this because you so will. May you be safe, connected and have all you need (at times it wont feel like it but solutions happen one way or another- let it be the safe “other”.:metal:t2:

1 Like

We’ve all started with Day1! Welcome and may this be the beginning of a brand new and much better life for you!!

2 Likes

A very important day. All we have is one day at a time, so first day is huge!!! Congrats, that is very inspiring, thank you for sharing. Reading comments daily in this app motivates me as I hope it does you. :call_me_hand:t4: #879daysAF

2 Likes

I’m so glad I joined here. Thanks :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Welcome Sarah and congratulations on Day One. :blush:

2 Likes

Thank you :relaxed: I made it!

2 Likes

Welcome Sarah

1 Like

How are things Sarah? :innocent:

1 Like

Welcome Sarah, you came to the right place. I’m on day 8 (I haven’t had a day 8 in over a decade), and I almost slipped yesterday and the friends here helped me get to this milestone. Post and come back often, it really does help.

Some suggestions that worked for me are, stay positive, you can do it! I bought a ton of different flavored teas (I make ice teas with it). Gatorade, Fruit juices. Stay busy, it keeps your mind off drinking. You’re going to be hungry and have sugar cravings, that’s ok, eat snacks, different foods you love, try new foods. I have been eating like crazy and I’ve still lost a couple pounds. Your body is trying to fill the void. And always remember why you’re here, there’s a reason you want to stop :purple_heart: