Day one on this app and I stuffed up

I have had to reset 3 times today this is way harder than i thought. Im kind of disappointed in myself i knew it wouldn’t be easy. But i didn’t think it would be this hard. I just don’t know how to stop i don’t know what to do with myself. I don’t know how to stop thinking about it and feeling the need to do it. Im just stuck anyway hope you have had a good day.

5 Likes

Welcome to the community!

I’m sorry to hear you’re having a rough time but we all experience it. Like you said, no one expects sobriety to be easy. You might find some of the information in this thread helpful:

Welcome to the forum! 2022

1 Like

It’s really hard, it’s my second day and I feel really emotional. Try go for a walk in the nature, eat 5 meals (lots of protein) drink 2lt of water. Hot shower has helped me a lot too.I’m taking vitamin B12 plus NAC (my doctor told me helps with cravings) it’s a natural supplement you can find on Amazon. It’s a marathon not a 5km run.

3 Likes

Have you heard of HALT ? Its to check in with yourself when you have a craving if you feel Hungry Angry Lonley Tired. I found this helped a lot as low blood sugar would often trigger me. Its all about finding what your triggers are.

Another tip I use is to set a timer when you have an urge for 30 minutes/an hour and to do something else in the meantime. E.g clean the closet. Usually starting these big tasks is a good distraction and before you know it a whole hour has passed ! Really helped in the first few days.

3 Likes

I needed a routine to get me thru the early days. What is your doc? If alcohol you could try Annie Grace’s alcohol experiment, 30 days of informative videos and homework.
Edit, and it took me several times to finally get it. But I learned something each time.

1 Like