Day one once again

Well I seem to have hit a new low. I’m not one to post or seek out help but I figure it’s a start. Always had a drinking problem but I’m now just over a month into a year long trip in SE Asia. Currently in Bangkok and the temptation to drink is so strong, just got off almost a week bender and today I realize I need to detox and get my shit together. I’ve kept somewhat of a balance between drinking and taking it easy this month but the last week was hell. It’s easy because I dont need to work out here and I basically just keep telling myself I’m on vacation, but I’m missing out on alot of things I could be seeing or doing. But instead I’m sitting in the bar most of the time.

Long story short it feels good to write something like this, and as crappy as I feel right now I know over the few days life will come back to me. So here’s to day one and continuing on hopefully permanently. Thanks for reading if you do.

8 Likes

Yeah that’s why I wanted to get back on this app. The problem where I am now is everyone is always in party mode. In a couple days when I get some energy back hopefully I can make a few sober travel friends. Hell I might even go to a meeting out here. Although it might be strange I’m assuming it wont be in english

2 Likes

Sounds like you’re in a great place, however as you say yourself you’ll miss out on a lot if you keep on drinking. Wish you sober connection with your environment and people there. As long as you don’t take responsibility for your drinking behavior lows will keep on coming, the next one lower than the other due to the progressive nature of addiction.