Day one started

Everything needs a starting point and I hope this is mine !! #icandoit

18 Likes

Welcome to the forum friend. Lots of good info and people roaming these parts. We all gotta start somewhere and no one starts on a winning streak.

My name is David and I’m an alcoholic, 581 days free today thanks to support from places like this, IOP and AA.

I had better success with #Icantdoit as in I can’t pick up, or I may lose another 2-3 years best case scenario.

Hope to see you stick around and become part of the family.

3 Likes

Thank you much appreciated David, I just stumbled on this app and like they anonymity as I’m a quite private guy when it comes to personal issues and have finally addressed the fact I need to become permanently sober, stay strong dave 582 tommorow

2 Likes

Welcome @Imstillhere!
This is my first stop with my coffee. Every day.
I has made all the difference for me.
We are glad you are here :blush:

5 Likes

Welcome :pray: happy you’re here! I’m on day 6 and this group has been very helpful! Post anything that’s on your mind and you’ll be getting the best advise on how to cope with things :slight_smile: everyone is here for you

4 Likes

Thanks nikki and sprinkles even from this one post I know I have stumbled upon a great place for like minded people, and I am looking forward to making friends and I’m also here for anyone who needs a chat, You know what’s great about this app is we don’t have to be shy we can literally be honest and open because we’re all fighting our own deamons.

3 Likes

Well done :+1:
I am just about to start day 7

3 Likes

Hello and welcome @Imstillhere! This is a great place to be. The people here are top notch. They care. They are interested in what/how you are doing, they will cheer you on and be in your corner. I read/post/check in daily. We all got your back! Best of luck with your sober journey. I will be at day 14 tomorrow. You CAN do this, you took the first step and the sky’s the limit.

1 Like

You got this!

You will do great, time flies so fast. I remember when I made my decision to stop drinking and now I have been SOBER for 1 month and 6 days…
One day at a time and always remeber YOUR WHY!

5 Likes

Your why! He is right! When your Why for overcoming is greater than the obstacle, the obstacle ceases to exist.

2 Likes

Yay day 14 well done @SobahCobra79 !! And I’m now day 22 :crazy_face: look at us go
Welcome @Imstillhere . I too check this space with a morning cuppa each day and some pride if I’m honest. Good to see you here!

2 Likes

Hi and welcome! 🙋
Hope to see you around here often, it really helps to be here much! I’m here since my day one every day and 11 months sober.

2 Likes

Im on day one myself, going to the gym now. Lets both stay sober today seems like the best decision we could make!

5 Likes

I’m on day 1 also. Love the idea of remembering ‘Your Why’ and that I am worth it. I deserve to be sober.

4 Likes

Yes. Yes you do!!

Hey! Hang in there! I am on day 7. Honestly didnt think i would make it this far. You got this.

Thank you for all the support and comments you guys don’t know what it means to me thanks :blush: @Eva3 good luck going forward day one is the hardest I’m struggling through day 2 but we will get there minute by minute day by day, @Bobbyg1018 they are some wise words never heard them before much appreciated. @SobahCobra79 22 and counting well done I hope to be in your shoes soon and This app should be advertised on the news I never heard of it before I will never seek professional help for personal reasons so this is all I got and the people here are beyond friendly @7ophiar well done day 14 day that’s really good even day 10 seems miles away to me keep it up :crossed_fingers: @Dreams hope day two it treating you well I should be back in the gym soon myself it really helps when tryimg to get sober, Once again thanks for the comments guys I will be a regular user here so look forward to getting to know you guys :100:

3 Likes

You’re welcome. And you switched our days I’m the one with 14 tho I’d love 22 right now. :joy: We got this! Keep up the good work! We are ALL rooting for you.

yeah that’s sounds like something I would do I swear I confuse myself half the time :joy::joy: either way you guys are awesome I’m rooting for you too :v:

1 Like