Day one, violently sick

I’ve tried to quit so many times and I’ve been drunk since Saturday. Around 6am I threw everything I could up and decided to stop drinking completely. It’s 1pm now and this is the longest I’ve been without alcohol in a while. I’m shakey, dizzy, nauseous and simultaneously too hot and freezing. I’ve been drinking a lot of water and I don’t really feel much better but I’m too nauseated to want to eat? Is this something everyone goes through? Will I be ok? Because I feel like I’m dying.

3 Likes

Please go to the hospital as alcohol detox can cause severe problems and should be medically supervised.

6 Likes

@Duville…ditto to what @Englishd said. I binged a few times and twice went to the hospital because the side-effects were still happening hours and hours after the binge. Please check in here so we can support you.

1 Like

Yes go to ER and drink some Gatorade on way there. Prayers for you :pray: :heavy_heart_exclamation:

2 Likes

I’ve only been sober 10 hours. I could just be having the worst hangover ever but I’ve never been hungover like this before :grimacing: when my boyfriend gets home I’m gonna make him take me to eat lunch and see how I feel after I eat. If I don’t feel better I’ll have him take me to the ER

2 Likes

Do you have a history of seizures or any other chronic conditions that may affect your organs? If so you should probably go immediately. Alcohol withdrawal can cause complications of other chronic conditions.

2 Likes

I’ve never had a seizure before and don’t have any chronic illness that I know of

A lot. I’ve been at least 10 shots of tequila deep every day since Saturday not including beers and other cocktails :cold_sweat: last night kind of woke me up to how bad my drinking has got

1 Like

OMG! Go to ER to detox and after they can refer you to a rehab. I just got it of one 15 days ago and detoxing is hard and you have medical help so please consider it.

2 Likes

My bf just got home from work. He’s gonna take me to get some food bc I haven’t eaten yet and if I don’t feel any better I’m gonna go to the hospital. Either way if I do or don’t I’m calling into work bc I don’t want to be around the beer festival happening by my work downtown.

1 Like

Went to lunch. I feel a lot better after eating but still shitty.

Yeah lol I just can’t stop when I start. I can function just fine usually and hold it together but man it’s just too much money spent and waking up feeling like shit, shrugging it off and saying “oh well hair of the dog” only to start my day off with a PBR and bloody Mary and repeat :confused:

I still hope you go get checked. Atleast an assessment. Concerned for your health well-being. That’s a lot to drink & stop suddenly. :frowning:

2 Likes

Yeah. It’s not good, my drinking is literally ruining my life. I just have to stop, I don’t think I can just stop for a while and be fine, I just have zero self control with alcohol.

1 Like

Yeah I am like that with shopping. I just get all stupid and slappy with the plastic. Especially when I am triggered or stressed. Hugs. Not an easy road. Blows up eventually in your face. Living intentionally is much more satisfying then living on auto pilot. I feel you. I did drink but my autoimmune disease shut that down in a hurry.

1 Like

Yeah I have a feeling I’m gonna end up spending all my money finding a new hobby lol

1 Like

Be on the lookout for: blurred vision, shakes, sweats, audio or visual hallucinations, tremors, vomiting. If those symptoms occur or worsen in the next 36 hours you should seek medical attention.

9 Likes

My older brother is 9 years sober so he’s been really helpful when he’s had time to reply to me. He’s in school across the country so unfortunately he’s not an in person support

1 Like

Please go to the hospital! I just went through alcohol withdrawal almost 6 weeks ago. I almost died from it. 26 days of hell. You need to be looked after by doctors and nurses!

LOL dark side baby lol

1 Like