Day TWO sober, must buy alcohol for another alcoholic

Live with my alcoholic father, any time I step out of the house he asks me to get him “a beer”, while he has a whole bottle of vodka in the garage which he sips from all day and every day. Going to be hard going into a store to get “a beer” on my only second day sober. This is ridiculous. How am I going to do this on my own.

1 Like

I bought booze for my alcoholic ex also. I just detached from it over time, as I got more days sober and saw he was still trapped in the misery cycle, I really lost the desire to drink during that time…

4 Likes

I aactually went into my old liquor store the other day. Of course I wanted to get some beers for myself, but I also wanted to prove to myself that i can have the willpower to not give in to that devil on my shoulder.

I went and got the wife a couple of bottles of wine. She has a couple of glasses a night.

2 Likes

You don’t drink. No matter what! I know I make it sound easy when we both know it’s not. But someone told me those same words on my second day of sobriety and it helped me. They also told me that I don’t HAVE to drink today. That helps me to to this day

1 Like

Unfortunately I’m stuck staying with my parents for a few months more. I just moved to Florida and I need to save money for an apartment and all the furniture. I did it. Just got him the beer and put it on the table, he didn’t even say thanks. It’s fine. I’m in my room now and made super strong tea, going to get high on caffeine. Thank you for responding and caring. Much love.

9 Likes

Thank you so much. I was able to walk out of the store without buying anything for myself.

1 Like

Thank you so much for your support. I decided to go for a long walk in my new yoga pants later this evening when it cools down a bit, I start craving around 7 pm, that should do it. I’ll walk until I want to sit down. I hope it works. While my father sits in the living room an dindulges in his devil drink.

4 Likes

Awesome job!! Good planning on going for a walk later when you normally get cravings too!!

1 Like