Day1 please pray for me

I have been drinking and using drugs since I was 14 years old and I am 34 now. I mainly drink now but when I drink I use drugs periodically. This is Day1 of my sobriety and have set a goal to be clean for 2 months. I am mainly doing this for my mental health so I can be a better mother and have a better life for my children. I already been invited to come drink today but declined the offer. So far I am really tired and nauseous. Please pray for strength for me because I deal with alot in my life and drink to self medicate. Thankyou and I look forward to this new journey in my life.

22 Likes

Welcome! When I first came, I got the app for the counter. Then I joined in and had some similar short term goals; mainly to get through the anniversary of my mums death and take a little health break. I read a TON and I’m learning that perhaps long term sobriety is the way to go. Sober we can be the best version of ourselves, including the best mothers. Stick around, you might decide to go longer than two months! Use the search bar, read, as questions, check in daily etc. This place is great!

6 Likes

Hi welcome to this community of caring ppl your in the right place.

4 Likes

Yes I also got it for the same reason and didnt know that these kind of apps do all this.

1 Like

hello and welcome, yes I’m in a position to pray for you, hold on to your hat though bc weird shit happens when I pray, miracles happen. :joy:. I wish you well on your journey, God will guide you but you still gonna have to walk the walk.

8 Likes

Thankyou so much

3 Likes

I am at 2 months and 1 day sober! I did it by the help of a divine connection, and with others. Prayer helps, and the community of sober people around you supporting your decision will make it easier! Remember your kids that you speak of and how proud they are and will be of their Mom! Remember one day at a time and it will add up! I am happy for anyone who decides that they have had enough self punishment. Your mental health will improve and so will your physical. It’s all connected.

8 Likes

hi to you too, well done on 2 months already, sounds like you got some good positivity to bring to the fold.

1 Like

Well done Mary, every time you do that you win a battle.
Keep up the effort and stay safe!
:blush:

5 Likes

Good job coming here. It’s really really helpful. I have 14 days sober. It’s possible. Come here before you pour a drink. You’ll be surprised!

3 Likes

Well @MaryCarey because you asked and my HP has never abandoned me… I pray that he sends you the force and strengths of every angel in all of the heavens and earth to see you through your journey, while being guided to obtain knowledge from past mistakes to change those habits in order to build you stronger for a better happier healthier life… He can and will deliver, it’s up to us to apply all efforts… I’ve got faith in that… :100::point_up::blush:

4 Likes

Set on 24hs, one day at the time. Big love from argentina

1 Like

You got this. I’m 20 days sober been in and out of rehab centers lost it all. But you gotta want it and say to yourself who am i sober? And who am i drunk and on drugs? How does this effect the people around you including yourself. You got this believe in yourself it gets better everyday im on day 20 and feel sluggish at times but i know what i gotta do. Rip heroin and embrace my life. Currently on vivitrol shot once a month and it helps since i know i cant use it makes me stronger day by day meetings groups ect we r grateful recovering addicts!

2 Likes

I got sober at 34 if i can do it anyone can wish you well

2 Likes

Welcome to The forum Marie. I have found it very helpful with my sobriety. Good luck and stay strong my friend.

Welcome to the forum Mary. You are doing great. You have already crossed the biggest hurdle - admitting you have a problem and reaching out to others. Hang in there. You can do this. images (8)

2 Likes

Well done Marie, that’s an important step / new habit to get into. You’ll probably lose some friends but you’ll soon find your real friends who will respect you for that decision “Thanks, I don’t drink anymore”.
You can see there are lots of us rooting for you - I need the support too so I’m here regularly!
Hugs and stay well.

1 Like