Days like this

I’ve been very thankful and lucky throughout my sobriety that I havent had many days like today; Where I absolutely doubted that I could get through it if it I just wait it out. I cant tell the exact reason why but today my anxiety is higher than I’m feeling capable of coping with. All I can think about is how much I used to feel relaxed drinking. How it helped on days like today. How much easier that would be for me. Then I think about how much time I’ve been sober. How long and hard I worked at how the people around me see me now sober vs me the drunk mess. And I just want a drink. I’m tired. I’m anxious. I just want to stop thinking for a while. I feel like a mess. And I want it to pass. Thanks for reading. I’m going to try to call someone because I know that drinking is not what I want to do.

4 Likes

Try meetings get phone numbers so you can lift the phone not the drink wish you well

2 Likes

Hey lady :blush: How you feeling now?

2 Likes

Drinking Vs not drinking write down the benefits of both and stick it in your fridge freezer

2 Likes

I find podcasts and audio books help me.

The other day I went to sleep to a soundtrack of tropical rain on Spotify (yes, just 1.5 hrs of a tropical storm)… until I was woken up an hour later by one hell of a thunder clap in stereo sound.

2 Likes

Try a good audiobook for escapism. It works wonders for me. Or just reading a good book.
As you know it will pass. Ride it until it does.

3 Likes

welcome to sober reality TV. It’s good to know I’m not the main character anymore, we’ve all got a staring role to play. We’ve set out the plot, now comes the story line, unfortunately for you we’re only doing happy endings today.
So don’t pick up bc we need you back tommorow, It’s the How amazing was I episode and your in that too.

1 Like

That’s a very responsible thing to do… :100:

1 Like

I understand how it can be overwhelming. Yesterday I spent more time than I’m willing to admit watching the secs tick up on my app getting that much closer to the next goal of another sober day. I think it was @Dolse71 that told me when I was struggling something along the lines of… yeah I can drink but today is not the day, maybe tomorrow but not today.

I’m glad you chose to post here, that’s what we are all here for.

5 Likes

vigilant and muffins, my day is complete.

2 Likes

Well it dang well should be… :joy: How you doing?

1 Like

Thanks for asking. I’m feeling better. I decided to focus on getting through my work day and getting home. Its helping enough for right now. Minute by minute

3 Likes

Once I get home i will try it. Thanks

1 Like

bearing up, home life is a bit more normal today and no one has passed away which is always a bonus.

1 Like

Sure ain’t hard to count your blessings… :blush: Happy to hear this for you…:100:

1 Like

Well the thread is called days like this and yes blessed is definitely how I feel today. Can you tell im trying not to derail the thread again :joy: :joy: :joy:.

1 Like

How’s that workin out for ya? :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

eeerrr not so well :joy:

1 Like

Yeah I put in my headphones and just put on some music to stop overthinking while working

4 Likes

Rest does me a world of wonders after a very long day or days of feeling like this… You can make tomorrow whatever you want it to be… :blush:

1 Like