Dealing with loneliness

Day 1 of trying to change my habits. I usually get drunk and call people because I feel alone. I feel so desperate for human connection. Does anyone feel this way? I don’t know how to help this, but sometimes I just want someone to talk to. I don’t feel comfortable talking to friends and family about this.

1 Like

Hi Awmed! There are so many people on here you can talk to there is no reason to feel lonely and alone. You said you can’t talk to family and friends about feeling lonely. Maybe if you just talked to them about other things like your day, ask how their day was. Ask about the kids, pets, talk about the weather, Covid-19, the crazy people who refuse to obey stay at home orders anything! Once you have a good conversation going you won’t be alone. Give it a try. You may find a nice chat with someone who is special to you makes for a great day!

1 Like

Thank you, I will! Sometimes it is hard because I usually get home from work so late. I think i also need to be at peace with myself, but I will try to be more aware and present in the day to connect with friends and family!

1 Like