Dealing with sober living when “Life” hits u

I recently just had a miscarriage and it was the first time I was pregnant…didn’t really think I could get pregnant but it happened and I was ecstatic!!! Even my fiancé was thrilled ab it even though it wasn’t planned. Anyways I have had a lot of thoughts and anxiety and just want to mine myself from everything. I have been sober over 500 days and I really just want to crawl into a hole and numb myself even though I know it’s the wrong decision I’m just hopeless and so sad at this point. Thanks for listening :kissing_heart:

8 Likes

Oh girl, I am so sorry about your miscarriage. Life can be so very hard and not make sense sometimes. Times like that challenge anyone to not want to numb the pain. Sometimes the best thing we can do is honor where we are at. Give ourselves the opportunity to truly grieve what was. It is okay to be heartbroken, sad and disappointed.

What we know now is that having a drink or 20 is not going to change the pain. In fact, it will make it worse as you will just add shit to a challenging time in your life.

Sobriety offers us the opportunity to truly feel and grieve, respect and honor life and loss.

I am very sorry for your loss. :heartpulse:

2 Likes

I’m so sorry about your loss. You’re in a lot of pain right now, and while it seems like drinking can take that away right now, in the long run, it will only make everything worse. The problems remain, but now on top of that, you would have to battle an addiction too. Stay strong. Please look for a healthy way to cope, such as a support group, staying busy, or counseling/therapy if that helps. I’m here if you need someone to talk to. You can get through this.

1 Like

I’m so sorry for your loss and I know the hurt from it. You are in my prayers.:heart: When we feel this type of pain and loss the thing to do it seems is to go and numb ourselves so we don’t hurt. Taking a bottle and turning it up however, doesn’t solve anything. You will end up returning to an addictive state, you have done so well of pushing that out of your to life. Please seek counseling, or other means of support.

2 Likes

Oh that is hard, I am so sorry for your loss. Please give yourself time and space to feel your pain. Drinking will not help you heal. Wish you well :kissing_heart:

1 Like

My heart really goes out to you. I have three kids, and the thought of a miscarriage really hits home. I’m so sorry this happened to you. Please feel free to send me a message if you want to talk :two_hearts:

1 Like

Sending you lots of love, courage and strength today :hearts:

1 Like

Ah, I’m so very sorry. There is no pain quite like that of losing something so precious - even if you did not initially know you wanted it.i know you are hurting. Give yourself time to grieve your loss. Be as gentle with yourself as possible. Take that alone time if you need it. It’s so hard, but try to remember that being able to feel even the most painful emotions in sobriety is so much healthier than going to that numb, dark place we know so well.

1 Like

We also lost a baby. There is no easy way to get through it. Drinking will not help. Being together with your partner and grieving your loss will be the only way to make it through it.

We lost a baby and went on to have two happy healthy boys.

Congrats on 500 days. That is amazing

2 Likes

I’m so sorry for your loss. I hope you take comfort in your fiancé and family. 500 days is amazing. And even after that long I can imagine it’s still so easy to want to default to the numbing feeling of a drink. But you’ve made it so far and you can keep it up even through this difficult time.

1 Like

This hits pretty close to home for me :slightly_frowning_face: Dont do it hon, I can tell you from experience it doesnt work. There isnt any numbing that pain, you have to process it just like the death of any other loved one. My ex wife and I both tried it after she had a miscarriage, heroin and all the booze in the world didnt make it any better, what it did do was give us both a reason to hate each other and destroy our marriage while we proceeded to lose pretty much everything we had. It will take some time to get past it, it’s taken me years to come to terms with it. Stay up here in the light and remember that kid, mourn him or her, just because you didnt get to meet them they’re still a part of you…part of your family, and grieve for them, it’s good to let that stuff out, it’s the only way to properly heal and I didnt until I gave in and stopped trying to avoid it. I’m very sorry for your loss.

2 Likes

So sorry for you :heart:
giphy

1 Like