Declutter your home and your life

Not starting with the difficult stuff is actually a great idea. We have a room that we literally call the junk room, I want to go in there guns blazing, but I just know I will get overwhelmed. I’ll do some easy stuff first to get momentum.

5 Likes

A day of decluttering ahead. :woozy_face::face_with_spiral_eyes:

7 Likes

You got this!

1 Like

One of my favorite day off activities. I’m tackling my closet tomorrow. Get it!

2 Likes

I like to do my bookshelves, but I never get rid, just arrange.

2 Likes

I stared at these for a good hour. Nope, just shuffle them around. Some things can’t go, can they??

We need a Shelfie thread. :books:

8 Likes

There is always room for cookbooks! You need food to eat and cookbooks are basically just instruction manuals for how to keep yourself alive. Ergo, necessity. :shushing_face:
I have gotten much better at getting rid of books. It has to be a new favorite for me to keep it otherwise I sell it back or donate it. I stock up twice a year at a big book-sale and dwindle down that pile. I do still have some things on my to be read shelf that I have moved multiple times. Maybe this year. :joy:

My brain needed a movie day yesterday and my next day off isn’t until Sunday. I have a big declutter planned then.

4 Likes

Alright, half shift tonight at work and low energy after so instead of collapsing in front of the TV I decided that now is the time to tackle this. :disguised_face::thinking:

My work scrubs hang in my closet and take up half of my space. Which means all my cute and fun clothes are stored or squished in the way back. No bueno.
Music is on and these are the progress pics:

12 Likes

Awesome!! My only question is, what music you listening to?

4 Likes

I had my library on shuffle so here are my last 10:
Cat Power
John Vanderslice
Earls of Leicester
The Moldy Peaches
Al Green
Ok Go
Kanye
Bishop Allen
The Flaming Lips
and The Avett Brothers

4 Likes

Aaaand after.

I feel serene. I moved my work clothes out of my side of the closet and that feels great. Now back to dressing in fun stuff. There is one corner of seasonal clothes that I will deal with later. Job done.

14 Likes

Looks great!

2 Likes

Thank you!

2 Likes

You did a great job! You could hire out!
Cute baskets!

:hugs::hugs::hugs:

1 Like

Aww shucks. Thanks! I have to move furniture every 6 months or so or I lose my mind.

1 Like

Looks awesome :sunglasses:

1 Like

Thanks buddy!

1 Like

My wife and my 2 daughter’s are going away for a week, so it’s a great opportunity to tackle one of the problem areas, my bedroom!

While I’d like to share before and after pictures, I’m afraid I’m not ready for that level of exposure. :wink:

But seriously, I’m stoked!

9 Likes

Hey I showed you the bottom of my mattress which looked like it might have been moldy, but wasn’t (for the record :laughing:). Shame dies in the light.
I’d love to see an after photo to share in your pride.

2 Likes

Thats impressive Emilie - a lot accomplished in one day!

1 Like