Defeat- Sexual Addiction

I fell back into my sexual addiction 4 days ago. I feel like such a loser. Something very minor set it off. I had gone “sober” for about 1.5 months. This is the hardest addiction to overcome for me. Harder than it was for me to overcome drugs & alcohol. I can choose not to buy or be around drugs & alcohol…but I am around myself 24/7.

4 Likes

Cut the things which results in your addiction like certain pics, videos etc… For me it was social apps like youtube, instagram… Trust me after you close those things you will start to love your life. Best of luck!!

4 Likes

Thanks! This time it was a game. It’s crazy how they sneak that stuff in there! Guess I should probably uninstall it even though it’s really fun.

3 Likes

It was very important for me specially early in my recovery to screen everything I viewed, tv shows, movies, social media, books games you name it. I was so easily triggered I had to cut them all out or use an app that told me whether there was any sex or nudity in it. It meant giving up a lot of stuff I enjoyed but it was more important to me to remain sober and get into recovery.

1 Like

Don’t be so hard on yourself…
Yes it’s such a complex addiction.
Read up on it, this helped me to work Alot of things out like the intense impulse and cravings because I was lacking natural pleasures from other things!

You can’t cut all the interactions out so you need to retain your brain and rethink you feelings and actions when something triggers you!
We are sexual beings, we reproduce and hormone/testostron that gives us these physically and mental impulses…

Work out - release tension
Change your diet - find a new hobbie
Distraction!

After 6/7 years of managing the art of my sex addiction I relapsed because it was so easy to find a connection sexual while I was concentrating on being clean…
I’m over 100 + days of no sex, no masturbation and I feel I have a clear head and grounded on overcoming such a powerful addiction

5 Likes