Delta 8 THC

I cannot believe that there are no forums associated here with Delta 8. It’s equal to marijuana which contains the Delta 9 strain. I can, and have gone to the local vape shop and have bought 150 mg gunmmies for only $10. I get high after consuming 3/4 of the bag. This is bad and hopefully they’ll hopefully make it illegal to sell soon because my will power is low in not getting it.

1 Like

Alcohol is legal, and plenty of us have gotten sober. What are you doing to try to maintain sobriety?

20 Likes

Great response.

3 Likes

I’ve seen it all over the place and always wondered what it was all about. I just always assumed that gas station weed was horrible in all aspects, now I know.

Weed is legal in my state anyway so :man_shrugging:t2:. I already know that’s something I don’t need to be fuckin with

6 Likes

I’m not an expert but I think it’s more likely the opposite will happen and they will make it legal.

Like the others have said, come up with a plan. Avoid that place at all costs, take an alternate route home or wherever you are going and avoid it. It’s just not worth it, i promise you.

4 Likes

It’s more empowering when I make my own choices instead of being told “no” by someone else as if I was a child. Sobriety must come from within because if someone really wants something, they will find a way to get it. Legal or not. Just like a kid will find a way to sneak sweets out if the cupboard when theyre not supposed to.

I wish you the best and hope you’re able to find this strength inside of you.

7 Likes

A bit one sided don’t you think?

2 Likes

You may find this interesting…

Selfishness, self-centeredness! That, we think, is the root of our troubles. Driven by a hundred forms of fear, self-delusion, self-seeking, and self-pity, we step on the toes of our fellows and they retaliate. Sometimes they hurt us, seemingly without provocation, but we invariably find that at some time in the past we have made decisions based on self which later placed us in a position to be hurt. So our troubles, we think, are basically of our own making.

5 Likes

Fell off the wagon this weekend, embarrassingly in front of my kids, with the blood shot eyes and lethargic demeanor. Guess it’s back to day one for me today, just hoping it’ll last longer this time. I’m tired of hiding my addiction from my wife who has been thru everything with me, but, time after time, I don’t share when I have no self control and want to get high.

Brother @Erik_Florida ~ I understand how hard it is to have an addiction. I’m an alcoholic ~
I made the decision to really take my sobriety seriously 2 months ago. I decided on a couple things.

1. I want to stay married
  2. I want to be a dad to my teenagers
  3. I want to perform at work
  4. I have lost all control in my ability to manage alcohol.

Please seek help. You can’t do this alone-attend an AA/NA meeting, stay connected on this forum, pray and you may want to consider seeking support through therapy.

This is serious-

3 Likes

Totally agree, Delta-8 is way better than 9

Welcome to the forum shadow hunter. Hope you’ll find what you are looking for here. As for Delta 8 being “way better” than Delta 9 I must disagree with you. To me the argument seems similar to alcoholics saying drinking beer is better for them as compared to drinking hard liquor.

This comparison holds true especially in the context of this forum. This place is called Talking Sober for a reason. And I’m saying this as a (former) pothead who started smoking around 1980, when the weed was less potent as the Delta 8 products are now. And I simply smoked huge amounts a day to get the desired effect. So no, Delta 8, albeit it is less potent than Delta 9, isn’t way better IMO.

6 Likes

Happy new sober year!

3 Likes

This is so true. Marijuana is illegal in France, and we’re the number one in europe in terms of consumption. If you know where to find, it’s everywhere.
I even had my own plants, thought myself as a great gardener, my weed was legendary :man_facepalming:t2::joy:
The answer is in you, not in legal texts.

2 Likes

Just because something is illegal, doesn’t make it difficult to get. Speaking from experience here, my addiction/addict/inner child is fond of something not found in stores.

Key to sobriety is working on the cause, not the symptom.

2 Likes