Denied my licence

Well, as I predicted, I was denied my appeal for my license. So no license for another year. When i can apply again that’ll be 2 years and 2 months with no license. They told me that my 1 year and 5 months sober didnt count because I was on probation for part of it and because I don’t have a sponser and choose not to do the 12 steps I show a severe lack of sincerity in wanting to maintain my sobriety. So yeah…

Wow, it didnt count?!

Nope. Michigan requires at least one year of self sustained sobriety. Because I got off probation on Dec 6th of last year, in there eyes it hadn’t been year because on probation i had “no choice but to abstain from alcohol”. Whichis a joke because I had many opportunities to drink and use and didn’t because its what I wanted.

Hey, hate the news you got. As you already know, the only one you have to prove your sincerity to is yourself, by staying sober. As for laws,well you know how that goes. Keep up the good work.

4 Likes

Thank you for the support.

Really kinda crap deal. I’m am sorry for the outcome. From what you shared you have changed your life

Is what it is. Always next time.

1 Like

Totally sucks. I work with a few people who are struggling to get their licenses back as results of duis. No fun at all. But hey, when you do finally get it back, think of the validation and dedication you’ll have for your sobriety!

Unfortunately, we don’t look look at driving as a privilege until we’ve lost it. :pensive:

3 Likes

I’m sorry to hear this!!

Thank you for the supportive outlook. I always do what i can to do my best

1 Like

Thank you! Hopefully it only gets better

1 Like

Hang in there i know it feels brutal. When I moved to Japan. I went from driving a very nice expensive car to riding a bike everywhere I went. I won’t lie, it sucked at first! There was a silver lining.

Ultimately, I was able to save so much money. Car payment $500 a month, $150 car insurance. $75 garage fee, $200 in gas and heavens knows how much from no maintenance cost. I ended up losing 60lbs of weight from cycling everywhere I went!

I know it sucks not having a car, but there are some good things that come out of it.

4 Likes

Definitely trying to find my own silver lining in all this. Haha