Depression/ Anxiety after giving up Alcohol

Yeah I struggle with boredom as well. My life revolved around drinking, and its if I hit a reset button. I guess I’m going to have to learn how to live life without it, and so far it’s working!

1 Like

B12 is amazing I also take vitamin d(stick too rec dose)I had vit d deficiency was really depressed and tired tremors and heart palpitations all the time went to gp thinking I had a serious illness (my alcoholic paranoia health anxiety)after blood tests that’s all it was once I started on the supplement s was like a new woman in the UK they recommend you take it throughout winter as we get little sun :roll_eyes:we get little sun in bloody summer​:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Love this, thank you:)

Hiiii!
I’m about 2.5 months sober and I can confirm doing the steps and getting more into recovery brought up a lot of remorse and depression and sadness- about thinfs I lost and regret wishing I did this sooner.

My anxiety is better but due to physical cravings I’ve had a lot of sugar and that kinda makes me hyper lol

But overall journaling, meetings, decaf coffee and fellowship helps

When I was drinking I would go dancing a lot and now I go and have Shirley temples the movement always helps my anxiety. I drink vitamin infused waters and take vitamins oh and try and get enough sleep. I’m also on anxiety meds a and therapy haha

I hope this helps. DM anytime. Sobriety is an emotional journey I’ve been told