Derailment void / Off topic 2021 to present

This could take a while, and it’s somewhat personal, so let me get back to you in a PM, if I can figure out how to send one.
P.S. I appreciate your sincerity!

1 Like

We specifically made a mess for @Mno to clean up and gain some valuable practice and @siand had to go and clean it up instead.

Now we’ll have to make a whole new mess for Menno.

10 Likes

I am sure he will have plenty more opportunities!

5 Likes

Y’all don’t need to throw him to the lions quite so quickly.

9 Likes

I feel it won’t take you much effort to make it so :wink: :kissing_heart: :sunglasses:

10 Likes

:warning: TRIGGER WARNING

This post has no food.
For anyone triggered, please soothe yourself with the following tranquil gif (:warning: TRIGGER WARNING, peaceful scene below)
Serene-lake-scene-with-snow-covered-mountain-reflecting-in-rippling-waves

16 Likes

I’m triggered by the moving of my post to the Derailment void.

Hold me closer Tony Danza

13 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:

Words words words

6 Likes

That is soooo triggering! That dead sexy bod needs to be covered up! :smiley:

1 Like

I know, right?? I cant believe I never heard that one. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

That’s from Friends, right? Some tv show. I’m guessing phoebe or Joey.

Maybe. Never watched Friends.
All I know is that it’s a common mondegreen, and funny one at that. It seemed to fit the occasion perfectly.

2 Likes
2 Likes

They stole that from @AyBee.
Happens to me all the time :joy:

1 Like

@Mno
What is the purpose of unlisted/listed?

In this case it was a mistake. Unlisted means a thread can only be found by a direct link. It doesn’t show up in the normal listing of threads.

2 Likes

So is it like YouTube?
Unlisted = Direct link only, can’t find through search or magnifying glass. All links for following, blocking, notifications, etc. terminated.
Listed = Wide open public, free to follow, block, request notifications.

Not sure of the specifics, the forum runs on Discourse though if you wanted to look into it more.

Ego boosting generic resposes to people in crisis… ‘stay strong, you can do this’ etc etc etc…

Don’t bother

1 Like

Moved to the derailment void as it didn’t seem to fit in the thread where you posted it - where there has been lots of ongoing support and empathy as well as practical advice.

I would also say that it can be quite hard for people to give much more than generic responses in this kind of setting. Often we get presented with a small snapshot of someone’s life and it’s hard to give practical suggestions in response.

Some people are quite happy to receive general words of encouragement and a small bit of empathy or care. Others want or need more, prefer tough love, etc. Some people do find that here but others feel they need more of the support that’s available offline - through in person recovery networks, therapy, friends and family, other groups and activities etc. Everyone just has to find the thing that works for them. Hope you find what you need to get you through! :pray: :sparkling_heart:

13 Likes