Destroying every relationship

Recently got involved in a relationship with someone who is exactly like me and fell madly in love immediately. Unfortunately we both have addiction problems that we started at a very young age and they really took off once we started spending every day together. We’ve both drank ourselfs into the worst possible version of ourselves, but refuse to give up on us. I’ve wanted to quit on mt own so many times in the last decade and just couldn’t. We’ve agreed to put the booze down together. Here’s to new beginnings hopefully. Felt like I’d never reached out and spoke with people about the extent of my addiction before so hopefully this chat can help with that.

5 Likes

This was how i felt this time round getting sober, and reaching out and speaking about it was the best thing i could have done. Hope you have the same experience :slightly_smiling_face:

Welcome to the community here, this is a great place to chat and recieve support. I have been able to keep sober with the love and care and support i have been able to recieve and share with this lovely community of people. Its nice to meet you.

7 Likes

It certainly helped me. After 22 years of abusing alcohol, and many tries at sobriety, this try seems to have stuck. I have been sober for 1713 days, and I have come to this forum pretty much every single day. I don’t think this is coincidence.

4 Likes