Detachment from reality

Hi guys it’s Steven,

If anyone ever had an episode or episodes of detached from reality please lmk how you dealt with it🙏🏻

1 Like

I have a dissociative disorder.
DBT helps.
Also, knowing why you are feeling detached is important.
If I am safe, yet feel unconsciously triggered, I will begin to dissociate and depersonalize. Reminding myself that I am safe helps to stay present.

3 Likes

Yes I always remind myself that I’m real and present and everything is so real but sometimes it’s overwhelming :broken_heart:
Have you improved your status or it’s stable?

1 Like

Hi,

I’m glad you remember me🤍
Nah actually I haven’t sought any medical help.
I just developed this feeling from a very short while not a long ago.

I’m going to try the grounded exercise it should be works with me:)

1 Like

Thank you I just need it​:white_heart::pray:t2:
Appreciated

2 Likes

Thank you have a lovely night🤍

1 Like

That’s one of my struggles, I’m a student living alone and my girlfriend isn’t living with me. I’ve tried playing some smooth relaxing musical instrument, try to use all my five senses and reminding myself that’s “come on man it’s just in your head, you’re here since being born and I remind myself of my old good memories and trying to remember my growing up timeline” Also, helping others to overcome this feeling may helps sometimes since it’s a feeling not a reality. Stay safe always​:white_heart::pray:t2:

1 Like

I got this clip and it was like a big slap on my face, he’s completely right, hope it helps you

Thanks Andre I’ll follow the steps you’ve given me, appreciated​:white_heart::pray:t2:

With the proper diagnosis and a therapist that only believes it, but is also trained in trauma, I am 1000% more stable than I used to be!

I had a “comfort bag” that I would take with me everywhere. It was a messenger bag that had objects for all of my 5 senses as well as a “Do Not Panic” binder I made. (Yes Adam Douglas reference). I had in it DBT skills, guided meditations, and other interventions that I could use or someone with me could use for me (if I switched). One important thing was I had a “triangle of choices” and “crisis continuum” that I or someone else could refer to that would help diagnose how far off baseline I was and how to get back. I kept my medicine in it just in case I was out and about, or if I needed a PRN. I customized it for my needs.

It has been an awkward learning process. But I have an incredible support network that has been invaluable to my healing.

So do you know what it is you need?

2 Likes

That’s sounds great, I’m glad that your condition becomes manageable.

Mine is still considered a short term and I’m able to bring myself back by grounded techniques and trying to feel my 5 senses. However, I’m just trying to distract myself from this feeling and don’t give it any damn “F”. As long as I know and relized it’s all in my mind, I’m so alright and nothing wrong about me. I’m still on the track to fully manage it, I want to erase it from my life and my mind because I know it’s not a real think no matter how big the overwhelming feeling is.

Take care of your self my friend :white_heart::pray:t2:

2 Likes