Detox in The United States

This came up in another thread. In the United States you can walk into any ER and they should detox you for three days. This is for people that have no help and are at Rock Bottom right now. Please, feel free to add info if you have it.

3 Likes

This is basically the route I took. I went to the Hospital looking for a Rehab center. I’m thankful that I didn’t go in drunk. They worked with me really well and connected me with a Rehab in Rhode Island (I live in Connecticut) and luckily I had insurance.

3 Likes

This was my first step but they did not help me.
They gave me a benzo and nausea and sent me on my way. They told me they were not a “rehab center” and that there was nothing they could do. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Some drugs like coke rehabs dont have drugs to give for wd of the drug so they will also turn u away. So go drunk or high on something

2 Likes

They need a DEA license, since most ED physicians don’t prescribe narcotics they don’t pay for the DEA license.

2 Likes

Almost all of your local communities have some sort of treatment option

For Pennsylvania residents call 1-800-662-4357 they will assist you in finding a treatment option, Also Pa Access will cover your expenses if you are uninsured.

Pennsylvania will also cover the costs of care for anyone in mental health crisis.

2 Likes

If you want to make sure a hospital will detox you from booze tell them you have a history of seizures. Pretty much automatic they will keep you.

1 Like