Devil, thy name is liquor!

I just started this job and why is it that there always seems to be a liquor store within a 5 mile radius? This one is literally within walking distance of my job. No need to drive. How convenient right? It’s funny how life works. Idk why I’m posting this because I haven’t done so in awhile and a lot has happened since. Fell and had to get back up. I just thought I would share a bit. Need the extra motivation to stay strong. As you all know it’s NOT EASY but it’s doable.

1 Like

Liquor stores are everywhere. It’s crazy, but the demand is there and that most likely isn’t changing. Can be frustrating for sure.

Welcome back🙂 And I hear ya about booze being so available which makes it so hard to fight the urges. My 2 worst things are the grocery store (soda in the same isle across from the hard stuff. And everywhere you turn theres an end cap or display blocking the isle!), and the other is tv! My hubs and I are watching the. Blue Bloods series and every other scene they are having a “normal” moderate drink and my little addicted brain starts thinking “I can do that”…But it’s a LIE! Ugh! Hard to find anything to watch without alcohol in it🙄.

1 Like

Welcome back. You know this is a great place maybe that’s why you came back. It’s true. There is alcohol literally everywhere in our society but I think you can pole your brain to not give it any importance in your life anymore. Why would you go to the store when you are working? You shouldn’t anyway… And after work you go home… You need to put this in your mind. And make plans beforehand. Before you even go close to the store… Unfortunately we can not ban the alcohol from the stores but we can ban it from our personal lifes!

1 Like