Dialectical Behavior Therapy Skills

I highly recommend looking these up if you are dealing with stress, anxiety, depression, anger, or any “extreme” emotion.

Mindfulness

Emotional Regulation

Interpersonal Effectiveness

Distress Tolerance

These are the main categories learned in DBT, learning many different skills in each category.

4 Likes

@Its_me_Stella shared a lot of the skills she learned in DBT a while ago. Lots of good stuff indeed!

2 Likes

Thanks from the shout out Menno.

I have finished the 28 weeks now and keep meaning to get this thread moving again… summer has me at the moment.

@AuraXP have you finished your therapy?

2 Likes

My daighter is a therapist and she and her two partners use this modality. She has shared its basic concept with me and I can see why it is so popular. They are looking for another partner because they are having to turn potential clients away they are so heavily booked.

3 Likes

@Its_me_Stella I finish in October. Its amazing

3 Likes

I am so pleased for you. DBT saved my life, I guess it’s over 7 years ago now. I was still in the throws of active substance abuse then so I recently took the whole program again as a refresher. What an amazing skill set to have under our wing. Please come share on the thread I have, there are a few others who have taken it or are currently taking it as well. :heart:

2 Likes

I was looking at the thread! And was fixing to share but then got busy. Sharing now!

2 Likes