Diet Issues

So it’s been almost impossible recently to not cheat on my diet. I think it has to do with my cravings for alcohol. I’m sliding backwards. I’m upset.

2 Likes

I totally agree a sweet in moderation over drunk and belligerent any day. Focus on sobriety until it’s easier then tackle other issues. We all have more than one. Just stay sober and the rest will fall into place. Thanks @Becsta.

7 Likes

Maybe leave the diet for the now just dont lift that drink and things will get better wish you well

7 Likes

Your ok when I first stopped. I had a massive craving for sugar lasted for like two weeks after that it got better. Remember that being sober has its down falls but it’s all worth it, take care.

2 Likes

Depending how long you’ve been sober for I always tell people to eat whatever they want for the first 90 days. Your biggest and most important goal is not picking up-your diet will come later. If you have a craving for sweets, eat it! Early sobriety is all about being kind to yourself-indulge a little. It’ll help :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

Okay so it’s normal to suddenly fiend for ALL THE SUGARS even ones I didn’t usually go for before I quit drinking? I’m 1 month 12 days sober and still just feeling so much a slave to my appetite. Makes sense if it’s basically sugar withdrawal… Thank you all.

2 Likes

I had the same thing! I’ve always had a sweet tooth but my first few months of sobriety I felt insatiable. Sometimes having multiple desserts in one day :grimacing: The cravings eventually dissipated back to normal levels and Im now back to trying to focusing on a healthy diet. Don’t be too hard on yourself!

1 Like

That face always cracks me up!:laughing:

1 Like

I agree with what everyone is saying - likely sugar withdrawal (I’m working on day 19 and a few days ago I ate an entire bag of jellybeans :nauseated_face:). Be patient and kind with yourself right now.
I also highly recommend looking Into Virgie Tovar’s writing. She is a radical adiopositivity activist and just an awesome person all around. Her work has really helped me overcome my eating disorder tendencies and take an honest look at my prejudices.
You are worthy of love and respect at any size, from others and from yourself :heart:

1 Like