Difficult morning

I am on 4.5 days without any nicotine; I am also having a difficult time staying present. I feel myself on this carousel…up and down, present and fugue state, happy and then ugly crying to Wrecking Ball…
What is happening to me?!

1 Like

Awww man, it’s all good, you’re likely cresting the withdrawal hump and soon, very soon, its all down hill from there. Just hold on for a couple more days and you will feel almost back to normal!

1 Like

I told my self once I hit 300 days, I would quit chewing as well. I have ten more days to go. Like drinking and drugs we will be sick for a few days to a couple weeks. We will have lots of fatigue, irritability, and head fog. It will get better with time, stay hydrated and stay busy. Good job on 5 days

1 Like

Quitting nicotine is never fun.
We seem to have an emotional connection with the smoking. Or at least I did. I was so used to going outside and having that cigarette after I ate, first thing in the morning, or whenever I felt a tiny bit stressed.
Now I still go outside and enjoy the air but without the smoking. I found I enjoy just having those few minutes alone.
I realized when I smoked I got to go outside and be alone and away from everyone including my kids for those moments. So I started going out there with a 10 minute timer and I will usually color on my phone or call a friend or something.
Just to get that time.

The physical feeling will pass. It’s not a fun adventure. Detoxing anything never is. You can do this🥰

2 Likes

Thanks for the encouraging words! That gives me hope.

This is the worst. I am trying not to over compensate with picking up a different addiction…haha

What a great idea! Thanks for the feedback!

1 Like

Not going to lie today I am spending a LOT of 10 minute breaks outside. :rofl:

1 Like

Ah, nicotine withdrawal… Stick with it! It will pass.

And in the meantime joine the Grumpy A-holes :wink:

1 Like