Dirty thirty

Yesterday I celebrated 30 days sober from marajauna and alcohol. It has been a hard dirty 30 days with emotions and feelings coming back that I always drowned out with boozing but I was with friends and support at meetings around my home town. All my problems and consienqunces are still here from my past. But thank god I didn’t drink. I would have only caused more problems with more consenquinces. All and any advice and comments are welcome. I need all the support I can get. Thank you in advance.

9 Likes

Hi Alex…
Glad you’re here.
Yes…our problems, self-made or otherwise, are still with us, but being able to focus and address them is much less of a sh*t storm when we are sober.
WTG on 30 days!

1 Like

Welcome! And congrats…that first 30 days is huge

1 Like

Hey @AlexFowler2010, welcome :slight_smile: I can really relate. Getting sober is the easier part, for me at least, dealing with my past demons is and was definitely harder. Have you consider doing the twelve steps for yourself? I wasn’t really into it in the beginning but my addiction therapist said it would be good for me to stop blocking out my past and deal with it so I can let go . It might help you on your journey to not feel all that shame and regret that I know I feel. Sending positive vibes your way :hugs:

1 Like

The fog is lifting a little, isn’t it? This would be a good time to try an AA or NA meeting. I started back to AA at 30 days sober and haven’t left since. It’s the cornerstone of my sobriety. Blessings on your house :pray:.

1 Like

Meetings make it easier to stop and the program makes it easier to deal with the past, well done on 30 days wish you well

Congrats on 30 days! That’s awesome

Weldone for 30days and keep the hard work.

I have a sponsor and have completed my first step

1 Like