Discussion of Political Memes & Politics

Gotta say, I also think it’s a false equivalence.

Racism is treating/judging people differently based on inherited traits. Action against those who defend racism is based on treating/judging people against unjust chosen words and actions.

They are not the same thing.

Laws and rules are there to indicate where we as a society agree lines on behavior need to be drawn to enjoy peace. Personally I prefer changing hearts and minds over adding laws for basic decency, but unfortunately that ain’t always enough.

4 Likes

1 Like

1_m3dDRVX7DVqTqgIFKs5VaA

1 Like

G’night Charles. I like you. Consistent. Sweet dreams honey - this has been fun :upside_down_face: :innocent:

Yes I am. And I’m sober. I had big party plans for today for 3 years. Happy New Year!!

2 Likes

It really is the simple things in life. I love this. :rofl:

@Charlesfreck
@GrnOtterPop
https://twitter.com/metaversemaster/status/1352502668816650241?s=21

2 Likes

Bernie’s always struck me as a genuinely honest person, who’s consistently stuck to his beliefs - much like Tony Benn in the UK. I hardly agreed with a thing Benn said but he’s the only MP I had or have any lasting respect for.

What makes Bernie a good man - it’s not all about him:

He quickly shifted the attention to the maker of the mittens. “What was really nice is the woman who made the mittens lives in Essex Junction, Vermont, she is a schoolteacher and a very, very nice person. She has been somewhat overwhelmed by the kind of attention that is being shown to her mittens.”

5 Likes

I don’t understand this one. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

@Blueroom
@marcusmaximus2000 https://twitter.com/eric_guziejka/status/1353027867626496000?s=21

2 Likes

Or at least the presidential medal of freedom :rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Mr T might pity the fool…

1 Like

‘Good-looking Marines’: Video misrepresents Biden at inauguration

I just like how the dude that said this “conspiracy theory” was removed from Twitter 6 hours later :thinking::man_shrugging:

Yeah. The only thing more wholesome than this meme was his reaction to it. Totally unfazed by the ridiculousness while giving credit to the nice lady who made the mittens. Class act all the way here.

5 Likes

I love it!!

1 Like

Oh no :man_facepalming:
That’s horrible. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Have you seen Planet of The Humans @liv_m?

1 Like

There’s no violence as such.

From Wikipedia:
Planet of the Humans is a 2019 American environmental documentary film written, directed, and produced by Jeff Gibbs . The film was executive produced by Michael Moore . Moore released it on YouTube for free viewing on April 21, 2020, the eve of the 50th anniversary of the first Earth Day.

To me, it’s a glimpse of the infiltration of the Environmental movement by business, and showing how easily they manipulate even the best of causes.
I found it concerning. Certainly worth the free admission.

2 Likes