Disney appreciation thread

I work for a tradeshow contractor, we do everything from corporate events to large conventions. We currently have D23 Expo coming through, we begin setup on Thursday.

3 Likes

Ooohhhhh…my daughter in law would go nuts to hear this!

1 Like

Yeah, it’s a Disney fanatics dream. All kinds of cool stuff on display.

I can only imagine! She is a true Disney fanatic…I am just a fan who happens to live near Orlando, so we go a lot. But feel free to spill any Disney tea!

It rotates from Anaheim to Orlando every year. So 2020 you can go check it out in Orlando!

1 Like

Do you get to keep any posters or collectables?

2 Likes

We have thought about it! I know my daughter in law is down at Disney next week, hoping to hit a soft opening for Star Wars. We will pop over to see her and say hi one day and do a park or two.

I went through some of my Disney pictures, found some highlights: :grin:

Space Mountain is frightening

Super Hero pose on Splash Mountain

Wedding Anniversary at Club 33

5 Likes

That splash mt picture is epic :joy::joy:
And omg Club 33!!! I’m soooooo jealous :sob:

1 Like

Plz hire me senpai

I have kept a few of the graphics we made for the show for my son, but for the most part there is a lot of disney collectors selling memorabilia, and there is a lot of retro stuff that Disney has on display, not for sale. They do giveaways also, but nothing major. So, in other words whatever I get isn’t worth any value like true memorabilia, just really cool banners we do for them lol. I’ll try to post some banners, ect that will hang throughout the show.

2 Likes

Cinderella and Aurora- had dinner with the princesses where they met Cinderella, Ariel, Aurora and Snow White

1 Like

My favorite Disney character. DONALD DUCK FREAKING RULES

7 Likes

Was there last Thursday. Galaxy’s Edge is pretty cool

7 Likes

It opens at DisneyWorld on Aug 29, we are planning on taking our grandson to MK that day, and we may stop over at Toy Story Land if we can get into Hollywood Studios on opening day!

It looks very cool. Has the second ride opened yet?

1 Like

No just the millennium falcon but one of the best immersion rides ever

4 Likes

tenor%20(5)

1 Like

I imagine it is similar to Flight of Passage at Pandora, which is THE BEST ride I have ever been on. I love riding that one, it never gets old!

Managed 30 minutes of the new Lion King today. Both myself and daughter really didnt like it. Definitely not sold on these “live action” (CGI really) remakes.

Mu girls said the same thing. I haven’t seen it and don’t think I want to after hearing the same things from family and friends

1 Like