Dissapointed

Yesterday was one of ny worst working days in my entire career having to deliver some devistating news (which ill add i had no involvement in unfortunately no one else in management would do it) it was horrible.
Anyway it messed my head up for the entire day i was making silly mistakes etc. A colleague of mine took me to a nearby pub after work to talk and she bought me a drink i should have said no before and during this. Now i didnt drink all of this drink (lager) and i went home but its still a fail in my eyes as one sip is to many.
So reset timer and start again my positive ill take from it is i could have drank it all and then done my usual of more and more and more.
Upping my self care, sober activities and meetings. Although all those have been good but shows with a bad nock down i still cant cope with it as i thought i could.
Hope everyone else is doing well :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Looks like you got away with it, and maybe could agaiin, so well done there, but you are right, better count as a mis-step, and so reset.

Raises the issue of whether we need to be open with some close friends/colleagues about pursuing sobriety and the reasons for it and possible consequences of failure, but that’s all I can say - we all have to make own call on that one.

Stay strong, stay sober!

2 Likes

Sorry to hear that you had a really bad day. And you crossed some boundaries. It could have been worse. You’re an addict. I wouldn’t be able to resist every time if someone offered me my DOC.

Today is a new day. You can make better choices today. We’re glad you’re here. And getting back on the saddle so quickly.

1 Like

Thank you :slight_smile: im off to a reikki session and massage now :slight_smile:

1 Like