Distract me

I’m in need of a distraction. I’ve just been having an awful week and I feel as though I might relapse. The urge to throw caution to the wind and just say screw it is very high. I’m so wrapped up in my own thoughts that I can’t seem to get out of my own head. I need some help. I have absolutely no will power to walk away and it is scary. I’m trying to wait it out. I’m hoping this urge will pass. I don’t want to give in.

5 Likes

Have you ever picked a thread and read it from start to finish? There are some pretty interesting ones, people telling their stories, dealing with an issue, or sharing successes. Or you could read some goofy jokes?

Hang in there…it will pass.

7 Likes

Good suggestion!!!

3 Likes

This is a great one. Jason tells an amazing story of his recovery journey and connecting with his kids again.

9 Likes

How about 20 - 30 minutes in a long hot relaxing shower. See how hot you can get the water. Relax and just stand under the hot water. Then pour yourself some sparkling water. Lots of sparkling water in a nice glass. Fix yourself a snack or something nice to eat.
:pray:t2::heart:

4 Likes

I know the urge to submit is strong…I fell yesterday. If you can, and the fact that your here right now tells me you can :100: push through this…push, and push hard! Suggestion given by @Dazercat and @RosaCanDo are great ones…I like to walk when I have my head right…day, night doesn’t matter…just walk.

Don’t fall victim to premeditated relapse…you’ll be so disappointed with yourself tomorrow. Trust me…I know from very recent experience.

Sending positive vibes your way!

:blush::raised_hands:t2::ocean::sun_with_face:

5 Likes

Download TikTok.

Best distraction there is

4 Likes

I usually agree with you, but that’s a terrible idea in my opinion :sweat_smile:
If you use social media to feel better/distract yourself, there’s a big chance it becomes your standard reaction when feeling bad and an addiction is born. And trust me, social media addiction is a pain in the ass

Oh look. A squirrel! :chipmunk:

5 Likes

Good job on reaching out! I love @RosaCanDo rosas idea, there are some amazing stories here. This will pass, stay strong. :pray:t2::two_hearts:

Read, meditate, horoscopes, hell I bought a book on crystals yesterday … what? But hey, convince me. :+1: diversion, escape

1 Like

Watch funny panda videos on youtube.

2 Likes

Thank you everyone for being so amazing and supportive!