DIY Home Projects

It looks SO good!

1 Like

The pain in the ass it was to add those 2 pot lights :rofl::rofl: and the best part is it was all my fault :rofl::rofl::rofl: lucked out, Rachel wanted them at a switched location across the room, discovered what the 3rd switch was for… the top of the receptacle straight down the wall. Score. Opened ceiling and it’s not joists, it’s trusses. Score. Cut wrong wire. Damnit! :rofl::rofl: ended up doing what i knew i should’ve, coming up from receptacle through top plate yada yada. It works, I cleaned it, Rachel loves it.

More pain in the assery, moving a ceiling fan 4-5 feet so it’s centered in the room. Used an extendable bracket for the fan… used 2 runs of romex cause it is 14/3 up there with the fan and light on its own wall switch. Paves way to have 4 pot lights around it. Ran out of romex, will get some more and finish the other 2 tomorrow.

Will have some blank panels on the ceiling for the splices and j boxes, oh well :man_shrugging:

8 Likes

New water line project… yay, how fun :smile:. DIY to save 4k

9 Likes

OMG - i was wondering when we would get an update on your water issue. DIY - that’s impressive. Have fun with it - i do hope it goes smoothly for you :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Only nervous about my porch footer… and filling in the hole (be using my tractor) it’s really sandy so the sides wanna cave in… I’ll hand Shovel by my footer

1 Like

4 Likes

making some progress! grateful that it’s a nice day to do this work.

that would make me nervous too - smart to use hand shovel… are you also able to someone add support in that area as you dig away? Wishing you oodles of luck today!

1 Like

It’s held up by 3 other footers as well… it did cave in a little

Put a bunch of old concrete slabs and block on side of it and buried it more

Also, the main is half way under the sidewalk so I’m not sure if they want me to dig to that or dig to my old shut off… of course I can’t get a hold of anyone…

3 Likes

Dang man – you’ve had a day so far. how much farther to you have to go to get to the shut off?

ugh - so frustrating-- i do hope you can get some answers tomorrow.

1 Like

Holy cow! That is an impressive undertaking!

You’re probably also doing this on days off no less!

Looks good! Keep us posted. :tractor: :orange_heart:

And thanks for bumping this thread… not sure if this is the right thread but hey, I lean on the forum for a lot, so why not also for this?

Chainsaws - gas powered or battery? And recommended smaller models? HELP!

2 Likes

It depends on what you need them for. I know people who have milwaukee battery powered chainsaws and they love them. I have a husqvarna rancher 460 and I really like it but it’s heavy. Battery or gas will both need bar oil😉.

As far as the waterline project it was my only day off for 2 weeks and I didn’t finish so now I’m up at 2 a.m. to start working on it again, I have to work midnight shift in 20 hours so I gotta try and get buttoned up here first.

2 Likes

You started super early - how’s it looking? were you able to get a hold of anyone today?

1 Like

I have water… great pressure, started filling in the yard a little while ago… took my last paid day off for the year, need rest :sleeping:

3 Likes

YEAH to having water and OMG yes to great pressure!

Filing in the yard? doesn’t sound good - unless i’m missing something. :crossed_fingers:

Go get some rest! You have been busting ass for two days straight. Hope you aren’t too sore tomorrow. :sleeping_bed:

1 Like

It’s not that bad, I bought a tractor without my wifes okay a year ago :upside_down_face:

5 Likes

my goodness Dan - that’s intense work

i’m sure your wife will forgive with that water pressure – a nice strong shower always saves the day

2 Likes

Jazzy puts a positive spin on @Dan531 's Great Tractor Purchase of 2022! :tada:

Looks like your project came out beautifully @CaptAZ. :+1:

4 Likes

All done, except getting grass again and a small 7x7 concrete pour in my driveway.

4 Likes

You must be so relieved and have a peace of mind
you-did-a-great-job-great-job

Me and my daughter made some ghosts out of trash bags and old packimg material

20230928_174805|233x500](upload://tG0LNTAxsFVTKoe0eOLZ0QsOM4o.jpeg)

8 Likes