Do i want too much?

Hi there, i am almost 5 months sober and never felt better, i also stopped smoking weed 6 days ago, i did this for me but also for my babygirl, because i wanna give her the best i can and dont want her to grow up with al the bad stuff it brings. My hubby and i talked about a second child, not now but in a year from now. I still smoke cigarettes and thats bad to.
Im thinking about quitting that to but im a smoker for 17 years i dont now if i can, i dont want the patches and stuff i wanna do it on my own but im wondering if its a good idea. Maybe its to much at the same time. I didnt even stop when i was pregnant ( i know super bad) i wanna try but should i wait?? Anyone here that stopped with multiple addictions? Any advices? Sorry for the bad english :rofl::rofl::woman_facepalming:

3 Likes

I stopped drinking caffeine about 2 weeks after I stopped smoking weed and the combination withdrawals were brutal for me, but I made it. I can understand wanting to stop all the bad all at once, but I would suggest tapering off the cigarettes since you’ve gone cold turkey on 2 things already.

1 Like

Im scared for that too i dont wanna relapse at one thing because i wanna stop another

1 Like

I do think its gonna be really hard i only have eight cigarettes left and wondering if i will buy new ones but how good that you made it!!

I think it would depend on which goal you are setting to ask yourself that question. I would suggest that if it is to prepare for a baby, yes quit now. That way your body is in optimal health for you AND the baby. However, if your goal is for yourself, do it when you are ready. Your body tells you when you are ready because you will have the strength to deal with the anxiety. In my opinion, I think that quitting everything at one time leads to extreme anxiety and possible chances of failure. One step at a time ensures the probability of success if you are mentally prepared to handle the stress. Good Luck and So Happy for your five months and 6 days!!! Good Job!!!

4 Likes

I drank and smoked since I was 12. I tried quitting either or several times. Drinking lead to smoking and smoking lead to drinking. So I quit both at 40; cold turkey.

Quitting is possible if you want it, and you have to want it, otherwise you’ll allow your addiction to convince yourself you can’t.

Also, smoking is not the lesser of two evils, watching someone die from lung cancer is not pleasant! That’s not the way I want my kids to see me during my finals days. I’ll never forget the sight of my grandma, withered away, weighing less than 80 pounds, struggling to breath. Its not worth it.

Do you want too much? Fuck no, want more!

3 Likes

How good that you quit both cold turkey. I just smoked the last one, i have astma and was out of breath had to take my medicine. So i decided tp throw the last cigarettes away. So im starting today. Its gonna be difficult but i know i can do this, i wanna do this!

5 Likes

Hi Zora

You can do this. I am quitting by using the patch. It helps tremendously. I’m on step 2 now.

Check with your Dr. I live in Canada and they provide quit smoking tools free of charge.

Best of luck.

It took me a year of sobriety to finally quit cigarettes. You’re not wanting too much but it could BE too much for you too soon. Like you said. I would try to wean yourself off the cigs. Take it a little at a time. Feel it out and if you can quit cold Turkey, go for it.