Do we have any Vegans in here? Post your Vegan Food

I actually went vegan for the animals and the benefits and the benefits if it being healthy just came along.

2 Likes

Nice! Right, that’s cause I was raised on meat.

Recipe please!! Do you use a vegan egg noodle? I’m looking for a good vegan egg noodle

I did end up applying a lot of the same principles for my transition to veganism to my sobriety journey. Mostly I got rid of the “I can’t have that” phrasing and changed it to “I choose not to have that”.

2 Likes

I am not supposed to eat gluten, so we usually do Banza or Barilla GF spirals. Sometimes we use alternate wide noodle brands but the spirals hold up well.

This is the recipe I base it on, and I stick pretty close to it.

6 Likes

Sadly, one of my daughters refuses all things mushroom, so I’ll need to make this when she’s not around. But I suppose I could use some faux beef we have (not GF) to make this.

Cashew based cheese Mac N Cheez + Barbecue Mushrooms.

Raw Vegan Veggie Wraps w/ a Cashew based Ranch Dressing

Just a simple veggie roast

This was my Thanksgiving dinner. Vegan mac, cornbread, and bbq’d pulled oyster mushrooms

I make my sauces and cheeses from scratch with nuts and seasonings, nutritional yeast etc in my Vitamix

22 Likes

Niiiiiiice techniques

Vegan Mac n cheese is my favorite!

1 Like

You can start again!

1 Like

I can’t stop looking at your dishes. It looks so delicious.

I’m still working on the Perfect Vegan Tamales.

2 Likes

I have thought about it but I found it extremely tough to be vegan to be honest. Initially I saw alot of benefits and then I started getting ill and looking ill and had an extreme lack of energy etc. I definitly did not do this lifestyle properly. I did feel “cleaner” on the inside tho (if that makes any sense) :slight_smile:

1 Like

Caribbean tofu skewers over rice, roasted carrots, and salad.

12 Likes

Yes. I get full stomach but I feel light af.

Unlike with meat I feel sleepy afterwards.

1 Like

Duuuuude I’m in lo0o0ove with tufo. It’s like a vegan curse lol

1 Like

That looks really good.

Ok, so I’m gonna have a go at this, see what it’s like. Feels like the right time.

Made some lemon and coriander hummus and falafel.

25 Likes

I tried living a vegan/vegetarian diet for years. I developed all kinds of deficiencies and had to take medication just to keep the acid reflux down. Since quitting the diet, I’ve gotten off all meds, feel stronger, and now have to face the long road of recovery from B12 deficiency.

If you’re a vegan or vegetarian for moral reasons, I hear you. I do understand your reasons for not eating meat… But if you’re not careful, you can end up doing more damage than good.

My advice, at least eat healthy organic eggs, drink grass fed and grass finished milk, use butter of the same quality, and maybe even some quality goat or sheep cheese. None of these cause any harm to the animal so you’re not hurting anyone. You can consume all the nutritional yeast, blue green algae, tofu, and unfiltered water that you want… But nothing is as bio available as these other foods are.

Peace be with you.

6 Likes

Vegetarians don’t have any B12 issues, at least no more than any meat eater can.
As for vegans, many foods are B12 supplemented, and there are plenty of vitamins supplements you can/may have.

3 Likes

Vegan queso. The kids & adults approved :+1:

13 Likes