Do you reward yourself?

Looking forward to my one year mark. I’ve got a tattoo planned as well.

2 Likes

When is your milesone? Do you already have a design/ idea?

It will be one year on July 23rd…and yep, here is what I have in mind. Going to be a broooootal chest piece:

4 Likes

Cool piece! I like that kind of tattoos!

2 Likes

That is a fantastic reward. I rewarded myself with a tattoo on my soberversary as well as some spa things. I got 3 visits to a salt room. They aren’t expensive but do luxurious…just to sit in peace and quiet for an hour is something I really don’t get to do often.

3 Likes

Thinking about this I realise I don’t really reward myself for sobriety milestones.
I think I feel like I shouldn’t be rewarding myself for just being “normal”. I appreciate the time sober, and appreciate the changes in thinking, actions and activities… but don’t feel worthy of being rewarded for it.
:man_shrugging:

1 Like

You are so worthy!! It is okay to reward yourself and to be proud of yourself.

2 Likes

clothes and meals out, the more meals out I have the more clothes I seem to buy, every month I need a bigger size. :joy: :joy:

3 Likes

Don’t get me wrong, I am proud of my sobriety… But I do not expect anyone else to be. Using sobriety as a reason or justification to do something nice for myself doesn’t feel quite right for some reason. Not saying that I shouldn’t celebrate, only that for the me, at the moment, it would feel awkward or undeserved.

1 Like

As always, do what feels right for you. :purple_heart:

1 Like

Will do.
I suspect it’s all caught up in the shame I still have for having ended up in the position of an alcoholic. I don’t feel i should celebrate any success from a position i should never have found myself in.
Rational? Logical? Deserved?
Nah… But there it is.

2 Likes

When / If I get to a year sober I’m getting the serenity prayer tattooed on my leg :leg:

3 Likes

That is so nice, your husband sounds really lovely and supportive!

1 Like

Sooooo, I have decided that I make a small bucket list… I have a bucket list with the BIG things, but this one is a sobriety bucket list… since with not drinking my skin should be clearer, my weight should go down, my eyes will clear up… so I’m thinking nose piercing, a new outfit here and there, massage, highlights in hair, all the things I didnt get to do while drinking and partying way too much

2 Likes