Do you treat yourselves at milestones?

My 60 days sober mark is next week! I am treating myself to an obstacle course race workshop. I’m training for an obstacle race (Terrain Race), something I’ve never done before. What are things you like to do to celebrate milestones?

10 Likes

My treats haven’t been very exciting. I’ve bought myself video games, gone to the movies, gone out for a nice dinner. For my one year, if I make it, I’m buying myself a nice watch. Nothing too flashy but nice…

9 Likes

My “treats” are just excuses to buy more music gear :laughing:

Guitars, amps, drums, mics, recording gear… All treats!

9 Likes

90 is coming up for me in around two weeks, I have a trip planned to the world’s fastest zip line that is in the north Wales region of the UK. :+1:

9 Likes

Absolutely! We work hard for these milestones and a treat can be something as simple as an ice cream Or… a new bowling ball that I got for my 2 year mark. I’ve saved over $5200 from not drinking over this time and dog gone it, were worth a treat!
With all my kids and my oldest starting college this month I dont actually see the money saved in a pile that I wish i could dive in, but I know it has helped our family out tremendously. Give yourselves a treat! Hell ya. We’ve earned it! Strength and serenity friends.

5 Likes

Every year I celebrate mine like another birthday! 3 days and a wake up to go!!

10 Likes

60 was big for me. I got the rooks of my ears pierced. It was my longest dry run before this one. I spent years working to being able to wake up 61 days sober. Damn right I celebrated that one and everything through 2 years. Now I care but I couldn’t even muster up any party talk for my 900 day club thread. Now it is like, reality. I have to fight for it but it is more like once in a while instead all day, everyday. 60 and 90 were so special though. And LONG!

7 Likes

Congrats on 60 days! I ran a half marathon at my 4 month mark. Terrain run is that like a Spartan race? I’ve done a Spartan and battlefrog they were fun. Enjoy your training…be sure to learn to jump over walls. Stay strong and sober you got this!

2 Likes

Congratulations with your 60 days!:tada:
Yes, I celebrate my milestones! Most of the time I buy jewelry like a ring or so (love jewelry, my nickname is magpie because of that :blush:).
Soon I’m one year sober, don’t know what I’m doing then. But something will pop up.

3 Likes

Yes it’s like a Spartan race or tough mudder! :slight_smile: There’s one in my state in September. I read some reviews of the race and people were complaining it was too easy. Seems like a perfect first race for me :joy: I did a lot of distance running before alcohol took over, so I’m back to that and craving more excitement from a race :wink:

1 Like

I celebrated at 21 days with a tongue piercing! That was a milestone for me because I made through a vacation at the family cabin, a place I used to drink heavily

2 Likes

I was thinking about this thread yesterday and well, I went out and treated myself.

6 Likes

That is a fine cardboard box!
I can see why you bought it :+1:

4 Likes

I like to take myself out to all you can eat sushi. All to myself lol always puts me in a better mood.

Congrats on your upcoming milestone

6 Likes

A meeting and a cake…

2 Likes

Right?!!? Perfect size for muh shoes!

2 Likes

My wife will take me out to a quiet, nice dinner. Works for me :blush:

1 Like

I treat myself to a body mud wrap if I need a perk up treat, I like it when I’m “unwrapped” and the mud washes away. I always think about my sobriety at that moment and why I’m doing it.

3 Likes

Congrats on your 60 days and your treat to yourself! You deserve it! :clap::tada::clap:

I do love to celebrate my milestones, went away for a weekend at the beach for my 3 year a few weeks ago and had a blast! For smaller milestones I usually go out to a yummy meal or get a treat like a gourmet cocoa or icecream cone, just something little but always something! :smile: If we are not happy with what we have today or tomorrow what makes us think we will receive more to be happy about? That is what I always think about, being grateful for my todays THANKS to sobriety/recovery!

1 Like

Absolutely! I work really hard in my recovery and take it seriously. So when I hit a milestone and I feel like I deserve a reward, I treat myself. A few examples are new running shoes, kitchen gear, lots of books, pastries/pies/cakes/ice cream/anything sweet haha.
For me, treating myself when I hit a milestone is a really important part of my recovery. I used to “treat myself” with alcohol and drugs…a lot. So doing this now in a healthy/functional manner is a corrective experience for me.

2 Likes