Does anyone ever feel horrible and realize you could get rid of that pain for now by giving in to your addiction

absolutely. i actually just came on here to post a question about that. it has been really hard

I know exactly what you’re talking about here. My mom was just diagnosed with breast cancer three days ago. The first 24hrs was pretty rough.

This is profound. A least for me it is. Thank you for sharing.

3 Likes

Thank you. I haven’t been able to find those yet

I’ve been getting therapy, thank you. You’re right that my addiction is a way to deal with everything else in my life

1 Like

Good to hear bud! Stay strong stay sober :pray:t2:

I love this.
I also always say it’s washing my soul.
It can make you tired to because your soul is really working something out off the system I guess.

:pray:t2:

1 Like

Good afternoon Daniel!! How are you doing today, tears and all?

1 Like

I’m getting convinced more and more that aging means experiencing more pain. So finding ways to cope with and put off the inevitable pain is what’s left to us. If we embrace the addiction, that’s a short term fix, but only brings more pain and brings it more quickly. I think finding reasons to face the pain and strategies to kick it further down the road (exercise, stretching, baths, massage, etc.) is a better choice. But I totally get where you’re coming from. I said it’s a better choice, but that doesn’t make it great. Life is hard… but aging is hard. Keep fighting, brother.

1 Like