Does anyone have BPD

Yeah. It took about 10 years of trying every med available to find this trifecta. That’s the absolute crazy thing. Psychiatrists cannot predict what meds will work, or what dosages or anything. It’s a total crap shoot. At least it was 16 years ago.

Yes Risperdal did cause weight gain for me. I commenced spacing out my eating times. Not consuming too much food, because I’ll feel the physiological pain. Daffodil I feel like a Guinea pig to. I dislike having BPD. I dislike how it makes me act, behave, and feel. Venting about it with others who can empathize with me. I feel a sense of beloninging not a social recluse, seclusion, and exclusion from society.

1 Like

The best help for BPD is therapy… specifically using DBT. Medication helps lessen the mood swings but it generally isn’t just chemical… luckily when you gain the skills needed you csn manage the mood swings when medication wont. You’ve found a good group!

2 Likes

It’s borderline personality disorder I have, I struggle with it because of my impulsive behaviours one minute I will be sitting there all great the next minute I’m in a bar or doing something wild. I really struggle with the stupid behaviour bit . It’s so hard my mental health , alcohol and drug use I’m losing my kids because of it all :sweat: I’m still waiting to start therapy I’m hoping it helps!!

Yes therapy does help whether it be Cognitive Behavioral Therapy or Dialectical Behavioral Therapy. Meditation is quite beneficial in my experience. It really helps lessen my gnawing anxieties. I try to at least meditate twice per day. I’m more likely to respond to life circumstances in a more according, proper, and responsible manner. It helps to discuss and learn from others perspective to become more knowledgeable and aware. Open mindedness is the key to tolerance.

1 Like

Thanks tremendously for everyone’s support it’s immensely appreciated! As well as for everyone sharing their experience, strength support, and hope. Not much days sober for me.