Does this mean I have to reset? I really need to be careful hey

I just purchased these anxiety&sleeplessness drops from my local pharmacy just to give them a try to see if they’ll help me sleep better. I had the first dosage in the car as soon as I bought them, now I’m home and I’ve just read the ingredients and they contain alcohol as a preservative I just found :sob::sob::sob: I’ll go back tomorrow to exchange them for the tablets but I guess I just had a lapse, do I reset my timer?

That is up to you. Rigorous self-honesty is the foundation on which my sobriety is built upon. For me, if didn’t know and had no reason to know, it is one thing. If I was flirting with the line, trying to see where the boundaries were, it is a different story.

1 Like

Thank you for your response, I don’t feel as though I did anything wrong because it wasn’t intentional and I don’t plan to continue using them. My mistake was not reading the ingredients before I bought them. Lesson learnt. One doesn’t realise how much CRAP out on the market actually contains alcohol hey

3 Likes

No. You didn’t drink.

Good on you. While we always have to remain vigilant, I had to be particularly so in the beginning. It took time for my mind to shift to understanding what sobriety really meant for me. It was one of those things that I couldn’t risk stretching the rules or seeing how far I could take things – unless I wanted to go back to where I was.

Hi. Alcohol is in many household bits and bobs. I’m many body lotions it is ingredient. Seemingly many fruit have an alcohol level. You didn’t drink alcohol. It’s about perspective. I don’t think you should reset. Swap for the tablets if this makes you more confortable. x

If it was truly a mistake, then I wouldn’t reset. You weren’t aware until after the fact. Just gotta be careful! :grinning:

Did you purchase them because they had alcohol in them and you were wanting to get a buzz? I’m thinking no. This is an honest mistake. Now you know.

I wouldn’t reset. Resetting is about intent in my mind.

2 Likes

I would also say no. It was unintentional, and the fact that you addressed it right away shows youre on the right track so to speak on your path to recovery. I wish you all the best.

I vote with the no side as well. Especially because you are not continuing the use.

1 Like

Nope dont reset.

Another NO here, if you had no intention of purchasing and using alcohol to affect your state of mind then no reset, your thought processes haven’t changed and you’ve rectified the situation already

Thank you all very much for your helpful opinions. I have learnt my lesson though, I shall read ingredients for ANY and EVERY thing before purchasing :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I applaud your dedication. It will serve you well

3 Likes

I say no. If it makes you feel better, Once I was making cookies and mindlessly licked the spoon that had almond extract on it. That was a HUGE wooops.