Don't trust a stray cat

I have been through hell. When my addiction REALLY started I was so naive to what f.cked up can of bullsh.t I was about to unleash.

I opened my home to a bunch of tweakers. They took over my home and I was to nice to keep my door shut. I was going broke. My things were being stolen. And untimely I lost my apartment.

Homeless tweakers are like stray cats. Give em a meal pet em a little and give them a cozy spot to sleep and they keep coming back. Every hour. No matter what time. My house was the methhead sanctuary.

My mental health was detirorating rapidly which led me in hospital with 8 stitches in my arm. 4 months later the nerves are still not right. But my hand is functional. Praise the Lord for that at least.

My landlord threw everything out of my place while me and the boyfriend weren’t home. All my furniture and belongings stacked higher than the state of empire. An absolute koatic mess. I picked a few of my things out and I left everything else. Where would I put it all?

So. Me and my partner are officially homeless. He began dealing and I stayed in hotel. And things kept spiraling even more out of control.

I’m going to skip most the really bad parts… abuse. Psychosis. But eventually we couldnt afford hotel living anymore. So we’d stay different places sleep outside stay awake whenever we had nowhere to go.

Somehow I still don’t know how. My partner got into a lot of trouble. It became really dangerous for us… I was scared. People started street bullying me and treating me like shit. Digging for info. Talking in code words and phrases I didn’t understand. They knew I was new to street life and I was gullible and naive and they played me like a fiddle

And then things got bad enough I went to detox. Little did I know the person I became friends with… followed me into detox. He was a brother to a dangerous person that wanted my boyfriend dead or alive… so there I am in detox… sharpening a toothbrush in my room. On day 10.

I left detox. My boyfriend picked me up. And were being followed the entire time but we know this. And were not concerned. If they wanted us dead it would have happened a long time ago. I still don’t know what’s going on at this point and never did get a straight answer. All I know is theres a bounty.

My partner claims he doesn’t actually know why either… do I believe that…? I don’t.

So I’m immediately back in the pipe. Fastforward. I’m 24 hours out of detox. And were both being arrested.
Were pulled over by the police. The vehicle is reported stolen. And they searched the car. There’s drugs. And a gun… with shells. Were put in different police cruisers. They asked a few questions and let me go. As for my person… jail.

When I was free to go I walked to where I’m frimiliar. Half hour after being arrested someone tried to punch me in the face with a metal flash light. Luckily I dodged it and to my literal surprise reflex I grabbed his arm and cocked my fist all the way back. He was so lucky I didn’t start whaling on him if I hadn’t just been arrested.

After this… I went back to my home town. Where there’s literally no drugs and nothing to do. I had nowhere else to go that was safe. So this is where I’m at now. Completely bored out of my mind but I’m safe. And I’m sober. And even tho my person is locked up… he is safe… and he is sober…

He calls me everyday says he misses me and loves me… and for the first time he said “I choose you over the drugs… I really do this time. I just want you to know I choose you.” And I believe him.

Weve loved each other for 4 long years and were still madly in love with each other. I think we will pull through this time. He’s looking at a 3 year sentence… but I’ll wait.

10 Likes

Glad that your safe and clean now back in your home town. Be bored and clean is better than the life you were living.

Ive lived your storey. Repeatedly. Over a decade it was a constant absolute complete insane circus.

The only advice I can truthfully give you is to cut all ties with your partner. I know you think you want to wait and your in love etc. But if you want your life to change for the better, you need to end that chapter of your life and do your future self a favor.

It never works having anyone in your life close to you that you once apon a time used with. Friends or relationships. Cut them off and never look back. Your life will never change other wise.

Stay busy. Stay active. Go to local NA meetings. Do online NA meetings

Keep reading on here daily. Keep checking in here daily.

Your life is waiting for you :pray::heart::hugs:

And its amazing :hugs:

6 Likes

Welcome here H. It’s a great place for support. And alone we can’t make it. We nee others who know what’s happening. We need our peers to make it through.
Congrats on being clean. Congrats on being in a boring place without drugs. Time for yourself and time for your recovery from your addiction. Recovery is work and lots of it. You seem to be in the right place to begin with it. No distractions, just you and the work you have to do. Which is a work of love and not one of hate like addiction is. You can make it less boring for yourself by taking your life into your hands and working on a better you. Sorry for all the work that comes with my message, but it seems to me surviving the streets was quite a lot of work too right? Wishing you all success H. One day at a time. Don’t go it alone.

3 Likes

Welcome. I haven’t lived a life like yours but I can see you have suffered tremendously. This is a good place to connect with others who can relate to you in some way and hopefully it will help you in your sobriety.

It could be that your person wants to leave the past behind and be with you, but you could also be someone he can simply rely on to be there for him. What will you do if he gets out and you are together and then you start seeing him go down the same path?

I’m not saying it will happen, but if you are going to stay with him and you want to stay sober, you need a plan of action if you do start seeing these things. I wish you the best. I hope you find what you need here.

1 Like

I read something recently that was like “When we grow up around chaos, the chaos feels like home and inner peace can feel boring.” I grew up in chaos and it took me a while to fully understand that saying, but now when I feel bored I try to instead feel peace, like yes I’m just sitting here in my house and a part of me wishes I was out partying, but the inner peace feels better than partying now. If that makes sense? Lean into the boring, embrace the boring lol. You got this!

3 Likes

Wow… My heart goes out to you. :cry:

Stay strong, stay here, don’t give up. I know it seems impossible right now but stick with it.
Maybe his sentence will give you a chance to get everything in order and when he gets released, he’s able to come home into a stable environment and you two can start your happily ever after.

Much love!

Just checking to see how things are going for you :heart: