Down on my luck

Personal injury attorney.

Have an attorney for my DUI. We meet tomorrow. May have to consult him regarding this as well.

Sorry you had a bad day. That is a part of life, but so darn frustrating and I don’t have a big support system and then my mind gets to going 100 miles an hour about everything and anything.

2 Likes

He may have good advice for you. I’d be curious to see if you’re allowed separate legal counsel for the injury and damage side of things. I work with Personal Injury Attornies a lot. They are trained to work specifically against the dirty insurance companies.

Well since these are 2 unrelated matters not sure he’ll discuss this deer accident with me or not.

Lady said she’d call me back…still no call. Also said I’d get an e-mail. Tomorrow I may have to get a little more aggressive.

Okay, in that case likely not. I’d go speak to a PI Attorney. They do free consultations and would be able to help you get your insurance company to pay.

Would avoid the PI atty in this instance. Bambi can’t pay, leaving your insurance on the hook. PI attys often look for a piece of the action… Which doesn’t seem warranted yet as they haven’t denied the claim.

If you feel that you cannot handle it, I would first talk to the criminal atty. Who knows whether ur ins company knows anything about the DUI. If they don’t, they will soon. If they do, the ins comp could be suspicious over Bambi.

I am sure the crim atty handles dealing with the ins companies where there are accidents and such. It will likely just cost you some additional money.

1 Like

Agreed. I was referring to the consultation.

The DUI and this bambi incident are 2 seperate things. The DUI most likely won’t be reported to my insurance because I am eligible for a diversion. My coworkers said to mention the insurance commissioner as they are scared of him.

I understand that they are separate issues to you and even the cops.

Insurance companies, however, are in the business of not paying claims and finding legal reasons to do it which is why they investigate many things that seem stupid to do such.

I also understand the diversion program. Most states, however, have criminal penalties and administrative ones. For many states, the diversion program deals with the criminal penalty and does not not deal with the administrative penalty. The admin penalty is the driving record as I understand it. This is why traffic offenses that are not crimes show up in the insurance report.

Idk but I could also believe that there was an obligation to report a DUI in a policy even if there were no administrative issues.

I know it is frustrating. All I was inartfully trying to suggest is to make sure you know where all the chess pieces were on the board before putting the company on blast. Another advantage of using the criminal atty, you also have one person with all the facts so there are not inconsistent or incorrect statements.

Just trying to give a different perspective.

1 Like

I appreciate your insight. This is all foreign and frustrating to me. Something I should have not let occur. I don’t think the DUI has been reported yet because I have not had my administrative hearing for my drivers license with the state yet. I recently got my insurance renewal letter and there was no mention of said occurence.

1 Like

I hope you’re doung ok Tracy, thinking of you!

1 Like

Yes :sweat_smile: waiting for test results is so hard! Just got back some great results though :+1:t3: thank you & hugs :hugs:

2 Likes

I’ll keep positive thoughts out there for you! :heart:

1 Like

Hey… Just wanted to check in. Hope everything went as good as it could for you today. Dealing with lawyers and ins companies are never fun.

Shakespeare was def on to something…

They totalled my car today so now I have the stress of buying a new car, but I’m okay with that. My attorney is great…he better be for the price :joy:…Decided to apply for a diversion so all in all it was a good day.

4 Likes

Glad to hear that things worked out.

Yeah vehicle shopping can be a pain. Be responsible and adultish or get what you want and have fun (within reason of course).

Good luck!

Just me and 2 dogs so I don’t have any reason to be responsible and adultish…:joy:

2 Likes

That settles that. Dogs get to choose.

2 Likes