Dr appointment

Anyone else in early sobriety and afraid to make a dr appointment to see where you’re at? :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

6 Likes

Yes, absolutely girl… I actually had an ultrasound done and bloodwork done in June. It was a bit nerve wracking for a number of reasons. At that point I was around 4 months clean and sober. But I’d rather know where I’m at so I can make the changes to improve any damage done to my body, than to not know and not be able to do anything about it. Are u waiting on a Dr appt?

3 Likes

I’m on day 4 and the closest appointments are in November. I spent most of today trying to find an opening closer somewhere else but nobody seems to be accepting new patients :frowning_face_with_open_mouth:
Mainly I just have a full pain on my right side that isn’t really painful or anything, just noticeable and comes and goes.

3 Likes

Dull not full

1 Like

Hell yeah. I avoided my Dr. for years when I knew that I was really drinking heavy. When I finally decided to go my lab results showed my liver enzymes were like 6 times what the normal range is. She was pissed and sent me for all kinds of other tests. Good news is that after I quit drinking for 3 months everything went back to normal. But I relapsed a couple months back and now I’m starting all over on day 11.

2 Likes

I’m glad it was reversible, and congrats on day 11! We can do this!

2 Likes

I hope it’s nothing serious. That really sucks tho about ur appt times. Can u be placed on a cancelation list? In case someone cancels, then u can take their spot? I usually ask for that when I’m needing to see some asap. And hopefully the pain doesn’t get worse.

2 Likes

I think it’s lessening if anything but of course I’m googling it and finding the worst! I’ll call again and ask about cancellations!

2 Likes

I actually just did so I feel whe r your coming from but it does have to happen

3 Likes

:grimacing::grimacing::grimacing::grimacing::grimacing::grimacing::grimacing::grimacing::grimacing::grimacing:
Yikes

1 Like

Hi, have you told the drs surgery that you are in pain? As they may see you quicker., if you explain that you need your liver checked too this should speed up the process.
Right sided pain can be a sign of bad appendix.
Not trying to scare you, just it can become serious if you dont know the symptoms.
Hopefully it’s nothing.
At 6 months sober I had bloods done full to check as much they can as i hadn’t had one in years.
I panicked it came back ok.

I believe if I took that test with the first week of giving up, I have no doubts my dr would of been diagnosing me of serious health problems.

2 Likes

Absolutely I was scared. I was worried about liver and thought I’d get diagnosed with cervical cancer. All checked out fine until I was 7 months sober. Got a breast cancer diagnosis. Had I not gotten sober, I bet I would have skipped my mammogram. Got through treatments really well and I know it’s because I got sober in time to get healthy. Cancer free now.

5 Likes

Wow! I’m so glad you are now cancer free. That’s amazing :star_struck:

I haven’t, I will do that when I call about the cancellations! Thank you!

1 Like

Hell yeah. The last time i went to the doctor i was drinking alot and did a fasting lab and my ldl was so high he thought i ate. Plus, fuck the scale. Here i am 96 days into my sober journey and im still scared.

3 Likes

I think being scared is actually exactly what I needed to push me into sobriety, I just hope I didn’t do irreversible damage.

2 Likes

How’s your side been feeling? Any better?

1 Like

Be careful about too much internet study. It will make it seem impossible. I don’t drink, but went cold turkey from opiates 26 days ago. It’s been difficult but not as bad as those ads for rehab say. You can do it. One day or hour at a time.

3 Likes

It doesn’t hurt or anything, it’s hard to explain the feeling. It just comes and goes randomly. It’s not painful at least and at the moment there’s no pain or feeling there so that’s good

1 Like

Thank you!