Drink drive

As I write this my friend is sat at a pub, at least 6 drinks down, after going through a break up with his girlfriend, and with the intention of driving home.
I am completely sober Still, laid in bed, trying to figure out a way to get him to stop being an idiot, get a taxi home and get him to not potentially kill himself or some one else.

Short of phoning the police, when I don’t even know where he is, I have 0 options other than to literally say “Get a taxi home, don’t be a tit”.

So my question is this, why am I currently guilt ridden over a friend who isn’t all that close with me, doing something stupid after I have had no influence on his predicament. If he hurts himself or some one else, I’ll feel the blame because he has told me what he is doing. Only I have 0 power to stop it.

I think this is more so a vent due to not being able to sleep now.

Could you get him to tell you where he is?

Can’t change other people. You can only help yourself and try to help others along the way.

1 Like

I tried to get him to tell me but no dice. And now he is ignoring me. So it’s been a great day for me so far.

When I was drinking there was absolutely no human force that would stop me from drinking and driving. The more people tried, the more I wanted to drive. I suggest you pray bc that’s about all you can do.

1 Like