Drinking at home alone

Oh wow! Did not even see the date. That is amazing for you!!!:muscle:

1 Like

I was in the same boat. I would almost exclusively drink at home alone. I would chat with online friends and we would “get drunk together”, so this made me feel like I was still socializing, but it definitely was not a healthy habit at all. I thought it would make me more interesting, but all it did was make me socialize better with other heavy drinkers…which was the only thing I had in common with these online friends

It also interfered with one of my previous jobs and also when I was still in school. I would drink so much that I would always have hangovers when attending class and sometimes I would need to skip class, and several times when showing up for work, or before work, I would let my boss know that I was too sick to work. I’m not sure if they ever knew I was hungover, I always tried to play it off as legitimately being sick. I remember also almost missing several group presentations for class due to hangovers

I would be practically sweating booze, having massive headaches, and generally feeling like absolute crap

Just thinking about this kind of stuff makes me feel unwell, even now.

If I had to do my 20s all over again, I would never touch booze.

I will always be in recovery and it’s going to be a while before my body can heal itself.

I also did put on quite a bit of weight as well that I have yet to work off…probably an extra thirty pounds, easily.

As part of my recovery, I make sure to take apple cider vinegar, lemon water, and choline, which helps reduce fatty liver and detoxes the liver.

I am praying for you! It really is a nice feeling once you get into the groove of consistent and consecutive sobriety. Take it one step at a time, one day at a time.

The best thing we can do for ourselves is take care of our bodies and try our best to be healthy. It’s a constant battle, and it’s not easy, but that’s why we are here–to support and encourage each other :slight_smile: